PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHHHH. I'm pissed. Someone hit and run my car

InfernoM3
04-21-2005, 09:34 PM
I"m so mad right now. I was all getting ready for bimmerfest this weekend. Just put on my ACS bumper yesterday. I got home from work today and parked in front of my garage in my townhouse. I went up for literally 10 minutes to change and come down to wash my car. And what did i see to my horror someone had dented or backed into my front passenger door. I don't want to drive my car at all now until it gets fixed. And I jsut got paid at work today. So there goes my paycheck. So now i'm not going to Bimmerfest and will be blowing my money on fixing the dent. Stupid freaking hit and run ppl. Man i hate LA drivers.

PhilipJCaputo
04-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Ahh man.... that does suck....

sorry........

Kalevera
04-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Don't you have insurance? Surely you know your neighbors well enough to know who to take to Judge Judy? :)

InfernoM3
04-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Don't you have insurance? Surely you know your neighbors well enough to know who to take to Judge Judy? :)
Im gonna have to pay this one out of my pocket. I dn't know the neighbors well enough theres like 100 condo in mycomplex I know my the ppl in my row. I think it was a visitor. "m gonna ask around. But i'm sure now one will fess up to it. Someone hit and run my gf car las month and a bystander got the License. The police won't do ****. They said that if the guy leaves the seen they are free and can' just deny if it you track them down and thats the end of it.

Kalevera
04-21-2005, 11:24 PM
I find that really hard to believe. A complete insurance policy will cover underinsured/non-insured motorists who hit your car, so I would be amazed if it won't cover this. Perhaps they require a police report.

Now, if the car only has liability...or some uh...less-than-honorable insurance company is covering it, then I'm not surprised.

Sorry, though....it sucks any way you shake a stick at it.

best, whit

InfernoM3
04-22-2005, 12:58 AM
I find that really hard to believe. A complete insurance policy will cover underinsured/non-insured motorists who hit your car, so I would be amazed if it won't cover this. Perhaps they require a police report.

Now, if the car only has liability...or some uh...less-than-honorable insurance company is covering it, then I'm not surprised.

Sorry, though....it sucks any way you shake a stick at it.

best, whit
So unisured motorist will cover this? i have liability only but I purchased uninsured motorist coverage also. is this worth going to the insurance. I think damage is like $500. Does tha sound resonable for a 2 ft x 2 ft dent on passenger door. paint isn't too bad. Just really need to pull dent out. My black trim absorbed some of the damage. Will my insurance rate go up much if I claim it?

Kalevera
04-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Take a picture of that sucka and post it up on the board...it might be something you can pull with a pops-a-dent or something similar...then just touch up the paint.

Yeah, not having comprehensive is going to limit the insurance co's liability to fix that.

best, whit

tim s
04-22-2005, 07:51 AM
i got hit in a hit & run then found out that it is only covered with collision in pennsylvania. now i have full coverage on all my cars.
tim s.

632 Regal
04-22-2005, 09:24 AM
comprehensive should cover it, homeowners covered a friends car that was hit in front of my old house once too.

TheDuke
04-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Almost same thing happened to me last week (Some kids were playing ball around the block); on Saturday I'm getting my car back from body shop. Around here you have to have full insurance to cover hit&runs. Police, don't count on them. My brothers buddy from college had his car stolen with all the belongings inside (cell phone, books, and whatever you keep in the car.) The thief used the cell phone to call his girlfriend, He even tracked the number down, gave it to the cops, and what our precious law enforcement did? They did sh*&$!! Never found the car or the car thief.

Kalevera
04-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Like I said...

InfernoM3
04-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Here's the damage. cheapest quote was $600. Another shop was like 750 or 1200 w/ a new door?

InfernoM3
04-22-2005, 09:53 PM
another pic

632 Regal
04-22-2005, 09:57 PM
wow my rear door cost 1100 and they did a good job. damage wasnt quite as bad but pretty much the same amount of work, it was worth the perfect paint match.

Kalevera
04-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Damn, that is bad.

What about finding a parts car, pulling the door, and bringing it to the shop/having them paint it?

That royally sucks though...

best, whit

InfernoM3
04-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Damn, that is bad.

What about finding a parts car, pulling the door, and bringing it to the shop/having them paint it?

That royally sucks though...

best, whit
If i bring a door they said they would charge me 200 to paint outside 300 if both inside and out. Not including installation.

~350 for door
~300 for paint
~150 install
thas like 800?

I was thinking another option would be to find a used Black door and jsut swap it? If paint is good I won't have to repaint. What would u guys recommend as the best and most cost effective solution.

InfernoM3
04-22-2005, 10:15 PM
wow my rear door cost 1100 and they did a good job. damage wasnt quite as bad but pretty much the same amount of work, it was worth the perfect paint match.
The body shop was saying that if I decide to fix it they would have to paint the fender and the rear door so it would blend together? Did they do this to your car too? Wow 1100 is a lot did you pay or the insurance. I'm paying out of my pocket so I'm trying to keep my costs down.

Kalevera
04-22-2005, 10:19 PM
What if you prep the door and just bring it to them to paint it?

Derek A.
04-23-2005, 06:43 AM
Most body shops (as most repair shops) will limit their liability by not allowing customers to do their own work. If you prep a door - have it shop and there is a problem. The body shop is not going to do anything to remedy the situation. If the paint lifts or bubbles in 6 months - they are going to tell you to pound sand. Best bet is to shop around and see what kind of quote you can get.

JonE
04-23-2005, 08:56 AM
See if you can find a used door your color and be done with it.

TheDuke
04-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Check Vines Automotive. Is the car black?

InfernoM3
04-26-2005, 01:45 AM
Check Vines Automotive. Is the car black?
Damn, I was able to get a used black door from Alpine Parts in LA. They put the door on after removing my dented door and installing the other one. I found that there was a 6-8 inch key mark ont he door. Hidden under all the dust and dirt.
Now my car looks ok from 5 ft away. It is noticeable when up close. I"m gonna trya nd touch it up but I don't think it will really cover it well. I'll try and get some pics. I went from Bad to blah.