PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat Removel?

wishihad50k
04-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Can someone please tell me how to remove the rear seat in my 95 525i?? I need to get at my Batt. so I can jump it! Thanks!

TheGeak
04-20-2005, 07:32 PM
grab the front of the seat, and pull...hard. If you've never pulled it out, it can really be stuck down in there. Just becareful but use adequet force, it's just some clips that hold it in.

uscharalph
04-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Try one side at a time. Pull the front edge STRAIGHT UP. A good tug. Then do the other side.

Qube
04-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Pull up and out... use JUST a bit more force than you think is necessary ;) It's daunting the first time. :D

liquidtiger720
04-20-2005, 08:13 PM
if all you need to do is jump the car, there is a place to do it under the hood (engine compartment). Its a little box on the driver side (assuming you are in the u.s.) with a big plus on it.

Otherwise. Just pull pull pull. Dont hit your head :)

wishihad50k
04-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Wow, didnt know that you could jump it from under the hood! I feel like a idiot... I pulled the back seat and tryed to jump it but I guess its just to dead because the lights came on but the engine wouldnt turn over... The anti theft system doesnt need to be re-set does it??? I know I am going to have to go to my local shop for the radio code, but is there anything else I need to know or do or is there anything that would cause the car not to start?

Kalevera
04-20-2005, 11:22 PM
It might take a few minutes of charging (from the other car) to get the thing to turn over, especially if it was cold when you were trying to do this.

I utterly killed my (brand new) battery in January -- left the radio on while I did a few hours worth of cooling system work on the car. By the time I got done, the car wouldn't start. I ran the jumpers from one of the other cars to the hood connections - engine bracket and positive terminal. Let it sit for a few seconds while the other car revved. The first few times, it would attempt to turn over, and then it looked like it was shorting out (all juice just...GONE). So I let it sit for a minute or two, then it begrudgingly started.

Be sure to drive the car around for 20 min or so to get the battery charged up again.

Best, whit