PDA

View Full Version : A/C Stuck On?

ElNormo
04-20-2005, 12:40 PM
With the weather warming up, I've turned the temperature controls back down, but have resisted turning on the A/C. The air; however, is very cold, even though the outside temperature is in the 80's. When I turn on the A/C, it doesn't seem to get much colder.

So my question is... has anyone seen the A/C get "stuck" on? The switch (and its blue light) don't seem to indicate this, but I'm wondering if there is a wire crossed somewhere that keeps the compressor running.

If so, I'll bet my mileage could have been better all winter long!

Thanks,

Norman

shogun
04-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Maybe the relay got stuck for the aircon. Check that one first,

ElNormo
04-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Maybe the relay got stuck for the aircon. Check that one first,

Thanks for the reply. Using my trusty Bentley guide, I've found the location of the A/C relay. How do I go about testing to see if it's stuck? Turn on the AC and see if I can feel a click? If no click, does the relay need to be replaced?

Thanks again,

Norman

Kent Carlson
04-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Isnt there some weird deal with the AC i read a while back where if the vent is closed the AC cycles on to keep fresh air in the cabin or something like that.

Try opening the outside air and see if it clicks off. Or do a search in the forums for this.

kent

ElNormo
04-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Isnt there some weird deal with the AC i read a while back where if the vent is closed the AC cycles on to keep fresh air in the cabin or something like that.

You know, I was just wondering about that on my drive in this morning. If I turn off the recirculation, the air does not seem to be cooled at all. Can anyone confirm this? I'll poke around and see if I can find anything.

Thanks for the tip,

Norman