PDA

View Full Version : small Misfire when Idleing

Asamaan
04-20-2005, 10:14 AM
I have a 91 535iA, and I have owned it for 4 yrs now, thanks to this forum. I have managed to do a lot of the maintenance on the car by learning from people on this board. So I figured someone would have an answer here that is right on the money as usual.

The problem is, the car when ideling seems to have a small missfire (hiccup). The car runs great when driving. This issue is there regardless of the car being cold or warmed up. I have done the valve adjustment for the car as stated on bmwe34.net twice but the issue didn't go away. I have had this problem for a while now, and I figured it's time to get rid of it. The plugs were also replaced @ the time of the valve adjustment (bought the whole maintenance kit from BMA).

Al
91 535iA

Jeff N.
04-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Check for very small vacuum leaks with all - I said all - your hoses and connections.

Try opening up your plug gap a bit as well. What did you use?

Slightly looser valve settings will help smooth the idle. What setting did you use?

How old are your plug wires?

Jeff

Asamaan
04-20-2005, 09:55 PM
I used the Bosch resistor plugs that everyone recommends.

The valve setting is 12 I believe (I followed Bruno's site settings)

I haven't replaced the wires, and I don't know when the PO replaced them.

Check for very small vacuum leaks with all - I said all - your hoses and connections.

Try opening up your plug gap a bit as well. What did you use?

Slightly looser valve settings will help smooth the idle. What setting did you use?

How old are your plug wires?

Jeff

Thanks for your Reply Jeff

Al