PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Adjust Their Steering Wheel?

JAlfredPrufrock
04-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Anyone find a way to do something like this?

I think I would like my driving position better with the steering wheel a bit lower and seat bolted directly to the floor. :)

632 Regal
04-19-2005, 10:36 AM
you can remove the 2 bolts holding the steering wheel and insert a few washers between the dash and wheel. Common practice.

JAlfredPrufrock
04-19-2005, 11:01 AM
you can remove the 2 bolts holding the steering wheel and insert a few washers between the dash and wheel. Common practice.

Is there a maximum amount people have found they can lower it?

632 Regal
04-19-2005, 11:37 AM
til the nuts dont thread back on?

infinity5
04-19-2005, 11:41 AM
i lowered mine this way. the problem is you stop being able to see the instrument cluster almost imediatly. if you lower your seat accordingly its not such a big deal.. i'd say you can drop the wheel about.. a lot. just try it.. its own weight pulls it down a great deal. the only problem is the more you lower it the more you lose the ability to telescope it.

you also can never change the actual tilt of the wheel ofn its shaft. you just lower then entire aperatus. thats a little annoying as well.

as for the seat.. in all the time i've had my car i've never found the perfect position and i think i'd go nuts without adjustability. just take it out and look at it, its porbably easy to disable the entire mechanism and fold it as low as it will go.

JAlfredPrufrock
04-19-2005, 11:57 AM
No tilt adjustment eh? That's an issue...

As for my driver's seat, I straightened the back out and won't dare adjust it, the drive cable has been giving me problems even after I matched both of their lengths.