PDA

View Full Version : PARTS: some free, some for sale. Get 'em while you can

Kalevera
04-18-2005, 10:35 PM
That's right, friends, old Lowell here's moving the heck out of North Carolina in the coming months...to where, we do not yet know. What that means is...I've got to get rid of a few parts that I've collected. Here goes:

- (1) set of four OEM e34 springs. Good condition. Free -- all you pay is actual shipping cost to wherever you are (and if you pay that shipping fee via PayPal, I ask that their processing fee be covered as well).

- (1) OEM e34 rearview mirror. Manual two position/dimmer style. It has some glue around the edges, but otherwise completely presentable (and could be cleaned up even better). Button included. Free (I only ask that you pay shipping costs as above).

- e34 front strut housings (drivers and pass side). Both have new bearings in them with, I'd guess, less than 20 miles on them, if that. Dust shields are good. The collar nut threadings are stripped, but the nuts could be welded (ouch!) to the housing. Or perhaps just a new collar nut would do the trick -- ah dunnows. Free (again...you pay shipping, if I can find a box for these suckers).

- A set of four stock 15" basketweaves, one with a ~ 1500 mile Maxxis 225/60 on it. Two other tires are junk and don't hold air. The fourth tire holds air but has dry rot and is still probably junk. The wheels need paint, some have curb rash. A fine set for your snows or ? Make me an offer.

- (1) Alternator Cooling Duct (for, I assume, the M50 and M20). I bought this part accidently from BMA; of course, no returns. #4 in the picture: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD23&mospid=47408&btnr=12_0247&hg=12&fg=23. Or P/N:12311735709. Would like to recoup the money (~ $12)...and shipping will be inexpensive.

- (1) electrical aux coolant pump. Completely serviceable, although I recall that the internal magnet (non-critical part) is cracked. I replaced it because it appeared to be leaking. Took it apart, everything seemed fine. So maybe it just needs to be sealed up with some hylomar. Make me an offer...I probably won't refuse.

Here's where it gets interesting...

- (1) 17" chromed out mustang wheel. No center cap. A typical, brand NEW replica -- hecho in china. Looks like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7967271354&category=43957

- (1) 17" painted cobra wheel, with the cobra center cap. Also a typical, brand NEW replica....made in china. Looks like these, only painted gunmetal: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7967954336&category=43957

- (2) Brand New (still w/tread stickers) Kuhmo 711 245/45/17's (maybe 40's? I forget). One has a cut in the sidewall; I doubt it would affect how well it would hold air, but who knows.

PM me/Make me an offer on any of the above. It's going to the 'bay or my trash can if it's not gone by the end of the week.

best, whit

Kalevera
04-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh, and I almost forgot:

- Front and rear stock swaybars (23mm and 15mm). I upgraded to ///M5 bars. Make me an offer.

- Stock e34 carriers and calipers (the front pass side was reman'd about 1000 miles ago) all around. Stock brembo rotors may also be available (also...about 1000 miles on them). Once again, I've upgraded to ///M5 brakes :). Make me an offer...

best, whit

peks
04-18-2005, 11:36 PM

Dash01
04-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Hey Whit,

I'll take the stock front springs and stock Brembo front rotors. Just tell me how much shipping to WA State 98221, and I'll PayPal you the money later today (Tues.) when I get back home.

Please advise, and thanks,

-Bart

paot
That's right, friends, old Lowell here's moving the heck out of North Carolina in the coming months...to where, we do not yet know. What that means is...I've got to get rid of a few parts that I've collected. Here goes:

- (1) set of four OEM e34 springs. Good condition. Free -- all you pay is actual shipping cost to wherever you are (and if you pay that shipping fee via PayPal, I ask that their processing fee be covered as well).

- (1) OEM e34 rearview mirror. Manual two position/dimmer style. It has some glue around the edges, but otherwise completely presentable (and could be cleaned up even better). Button included. Free (I only ask that you pay shipping costs as above).

- e34 front strut housings (drivers and pass side). Both have new bearings in them with, I'd guess, less than 20 miles on them, if that. Dust shields are good. The collar nut threadings are stripped, but the nuts could be welded (ouch!) to the housing. Or perhaps just a new collar nut would do the trick -- ah dunnows. Free (again...you pay shipping, if I can find a box for these suckers).

- A set of four stock 15" basketweaves, one with a ~ 1500 mile Maxxis 225/60 on it. Two other tires are junk and don't hold air. The fourth tire holds air but has dry rot and is still probably junk. The wheels need paint, some have curb rash. A fine set for your snows or ? Make me an offer.

- (1) Alternator Cooling Duct (for, I assume, the M50 and M20). I bought this part accidently from BMA; of course, no returns. #4 in the picture: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD23&mospid=47408&btnr=12_0247&hg=12&fg=23. Or P/N:12311735709. Would like to recoup the money (~ $12)...and shipping will be inexpensive.

- (1) electrical aux coolant pump. Completely serviceable, although I recall that the internal magnet (non-critical part) is cracked. I replaced it because it appeared to be leaking. Took it apart, everything seemed fine. So maybe it just needs to be sealed up with some hylomar. Make me an offer...I probably won't refuse.

Here's where it gets interesting...

- (1) 17" chromed out mustang wheel. No center cap. A typical, brand NEW replica -- hecho in china. Looks like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7967271354&category=43957

- (1) 17" painted cobra wheel, with the cobra center cap. Also a typical, brand NEW replica....made in china. Looks like these, only painted gunmetal: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7967954336&category=43957

- (2) Brand New (still w/tread stickers) Kuhmo 711 245/45/17's (maybe 40's? I forget). One has a cut in the sidewall; I doubt it would affect how well it would hold air, but who knows.

PM me/Make me an offer on any of the above. It's going to the 'bay or my trash can if it's not gone by the end of the week.

best, whit

Robin-535im
04-19-2005, 11:21 AM
How in the world did you strip a hub thread? I used my biggest breaker bar and could barely get it to the torque spec!

JAlfredPrufrock
04-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Whit, where are you located?

I'm interested in the basketweaves.

Kalevera
04-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Actually, of all the stupid things I've done, I can gracefully claim infallability on this one - I bought the car that way. It had two dead (REALLY dead - like, no oil left in them, hollow sounding dead) OEM boge front struts, both were just sitting in the housings. The PO did NOT take care of the car, and I can only imagine how it happened. But yeah, the collar nuts had no thread. Here's just an indication of how bad my front end was when I got the car:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/suzpectx/nastyoldsuspension.jpg

Anyway - J Alfred, the style 5's aren't claimed yet although I've received PMs about them. I live about 30 minutes outside of Charlotte, NC. About a mile east of the town of Davidson.

best, whit

JAlfredPrufrock
04-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Anyway - J Alfred, the style 5's aren't claimed yet although I've received PMs about them. I live about 30 minutes outside of Charlotte, NC. About a mile east of the town of Davidson.

best, whit

Sounds like shipping would be expensive.

Kalevera
04-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Uh, for the three wheels - probably about $10/each via UPS anywhere in the lower 48 -- I shipped a set of four Borbet 16s for $44 a few months ago... The one with the tire would, I suspect, be around $20.

best, whit