PDA

View Full Version : Rear Window Switch Problem

Brett619310
04-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Here is the problem: The rear passenger window will go up or down fine when using the switch on the center console. However, if the passenger tries to use the switch on the door, nothing happens (no, its not locked :) ). After searching, I've seen other threads that talk about holding the switch while slamming the offending door, but is this only valid for when the center console switch is the one that doesn't work?

Also, assuming the door switch itself is the problem (needs to be cleaned or replaced), is there a way to remove it without taking apart the door panel?

** EDIT **

The problem just got worse. The switch will now work if I press hard enough (it kind of clicks for the last half of the travel). But the window will make a loud clunking sound half of the time when it starts its downward travel after being closed all the way. Also, in the middle of travel, the window will slide forward and backward freely, as if not on a track. I rolled up the window and locked the rear window switches for now before something bad happens.

Where do I start now?

Brett619310
04-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Anyone?

Qsilver7
04-18-2005, 05:05 PM
...the rear window switches. If the switch from the rear driver's door works...then it's simple...all you need is a new switch. If swapping the switches doesn't work...then the problem is somewhere in the rear passenger door..or it's related wiring.

Brett619310
04-19-2005, 12:37 PM
...the rear window switches. If the switch from the rear driver's door works...then it's simple...all you need is a new switch. If swapping the switches doesn't work...then the problem is somewhere in the rear passenger door..or it's related wiring.
Thanks for the info, but now I'm more worried about the window being off loose/off-track.