PDA

View Full Version : 2005 CHICAGO E34 SUMMER MEET, Save the date....(pics, 56k beware)

Brandon J
04-17-2005, 10:32 PM
The 5th Annual Chicagoland e34 Summer Meet is scheduled for Saturday, August 13th. Scott H and I have held the previous ones and this year Kris (DV M5) is also helping out. All e34s are invited. Further details will be released in the next few weeks. Here are some pics of '03 and '04 meets...just to tease you.

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Mark%20J/group.jpg

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Mark%20J/Hoods%20Up%20Pano5.jpg

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Mark%20J/BMW_E34-2.jpg

Dave Rutkowski
04-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Damn! I'm stuck going to some stupid wedding of one of my wife's stupid friends.........

Dave
'90 535i
'81 635CSi

PhilipJCaputo
04-17-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm there! last year it was the weekend after a week long/4000+ mile road trip, and I dind't feel like making the trek... but I wish I would have...

looks like I'll also need to replace the gas springs on my hood so it'll stand up long enough to take a picture!

Brandon J
04-17-2005, 10:56 PM
That sucks.

Damn! I'm stuck going to some stupid wedding of one of my wife's stupid friends.........

Dave
'90 535i
'81 635CSi

Jon K
04-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Hmmmm

MTRIPLE
04-18-2005, 03:31 AM
HMMMM... is right, I may have to drive down from the Twin Cities for this...

flipwils
04-18-2005, 07:12 AM
http://www.e12m535i.com/E34_M5/images/Mar30_3.jpg

Hi, I'm a new member as I just bought my 1994 E34 M5 3.8 liter Euro a few weeks ago. Kris and I have emailed a bit off the list and Dave, sorry to hear you won't be able to make it! Dave has given me some great help with the engine rebuild project for my other Euro Motorsport 5, a 1980 E12 M535i.

Looking forward to the meet in August. The pictures from last year's meet looked real familiar considering I work right across the street from Busse Woods. I live in La Grange Park (near Oakbrook).

Adam Wilson
www.e12m535i.com

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Brandon, you have this talent for picking the exact dates wifey schedules for our vacation. Unbelievable!

And Brandon, it's not like we don't talk every other day!

No worries though, I will just delay my departure as I'm working that Sat, and driving up to vac late!

Brandon J
04-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Sorry Ed. Can you still make it? What time will you get off of work?

Brandon, you have this talent for picking the exact dates wifey schedules for our vacation. Unbelievable!

And Brandon, it's not like we don't talk every other day!

No worries though, I will just delay my departure as I'm working that Sat, and driving up to vac late!

philbyil
04-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Sniff! Sniff!.... :(

Brandon, Scott, Jr. and the boys...
Well, Deb and I will be living in Texas starting June 1st of this year so it looks like last years meet was the 'farewell performance' from the GQ and myself!!

The GQ is now happy bundled up on life support (Battery Tender) and under a car cover in Texas awaiting my return. Won't miss the crappy winters and salt roads, just have to apply more Lexol Vinylex and 303 Space Age Protectant on the vinyl and rubber!

All the best to you...

Wyn
04-18-2005, 12:30 PM
I'll probably be able to make it. :)

Jr ///M5
04-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Man, that was quick...I just talked to Scott on Saturday, and by Sunday we've got a time set. Good deal. Will it be in the same area as last years? I'm thinking of buying some of those BMW flags so we can put them up around the picnic.
Sure will be good to see all you bastards again. =) We still have time to shame Uncle Phil and Deb into making the trip....=) and ed, don't make us come over there....=)
Maybe this year we can hit the mark of 34 E34's at the picnic. Wasn't there 22 of them last year?
It certainly is a good time, seems like one day isn't enough, it's practically the fastest day of the year!
Looking forward to seeing all of you there!

Jr

Alan_525i
04-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Alright you all need to convince me of two things: (1) That my car can make the up and back from Philly and (2) To come!!! I want to sooo bad but its just not that practical! CONVINCE ME! and I might even be able to drag Jon K along.

Jr ///M5
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Two words..........ROAD TRIP!!!!

632 Regal
04-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Alan if you make it I will!

Brandon J
04-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Are you kidding. COME! We are celebrating the 5th annual meet of the e34 5er. Come stay for the weekend. Chicago is a great city. I might plan a get together for Friday night. Then, the Meet and BBQ for Sat. Just look at the pics...how can you miss this event.

Alright you all need to convince me of two things: (1) That my car can make the up and back from Philly and (2) To come!!! I want to sooo bad but its just not that practical! CONVINCE ME! and I might even be able to drag Jon K along.

Wyn
04-19-2005, 08:22 AM
I'll make Jon K come Alan, he owes me for borrowing my wheels all this time.

Besides, the drive from Philly to Chicago isn't too bad, I've done it many times, just have to be careful when speeding through Ohio.

Jon K
04-19-2005, 08:32 AM

This just in, Alan decided the only, best way to get us both there is for me to rent a trailer for my car and him to pull it. We decided this is best because 1) he doesn't have many miles 2) He has M20 fury power 3) my car is sleepy 4) we don't want to test the longevity of the s/c at that point 5) he has M20 fury power. So yeah, thats the story.

Wyn
04-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Hey Jon, we could make a "convoy". How can your car be tired with it's 168k or whatever miles? I did it last time with 205k and that was staying at about 90 most of the way, except through Ohio...
1) miles, schmiles
2) If we combine all three engines, it would be M120 power :p
3) give it some Redbull
4) going to have to sooner or later
5) If my battered m50 can, yours sould be more than up to the task

zuzuk212
04-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Yes, I'm new ... I'm in the Chicago area ... Where will it be held??

Also, you need to let the guys from philly know what the best eta is for getting out here. I've gone to Pittsburgh and back as well as South Carolina ... actually did that the day after I bought my E34, 1k down and 1k back! Anywho, it's quick and easy to get close to Chicago, but if the timing is wrong ... ACK!

Ken

Brandon J
04-20-2005, 12:52 PM
The meet will be about 35min from Chicago in Busse Woods, so you can avoid the Chicago traffic. Here is a link to last years info: http://www.jhgruppe.com/E34Meet/E34Meet.html

Click on the map and we will be in grove #1 this year. You will have to exit Higgins Rd East.

JAlfredPrufrock
04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Last year's meet was good, it was actually how I found out about this site. :)

Almost 100% sure I'll make it again this year.

Jr ///M5
04-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey Brandon,

Any news about the engine? Scott told me about it last Saturday. Hope everything turns out alright for you.

Was it a lean condition on one of the cylinders that caused it?

Good luck bud,

Jr

Alan_525i
04-23-2005, 08:49 PM
I don't like hearing the term "lean condition" when talking about an S38. Whats the deal?

bimmerd00d
04-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Sniff! Sniff!.... :(

Brandon, Scott, Jr. and the boys...
Well, Deb and I will be living in Texas starting June 1st of this year so it looks like last years meet was the 'farewell performance' from the GQ and myself!!

The GQ is now happy bundled up on life support (Battery Tender) and under a car cover in Texas awaiting my return. Won't miss the crappy winters and salt roads, just have to apply more Lexol Vinylex and 303 Space Age Protectant on the vinyl and rubber!

All the best to you...

where in texas?

bimmerd00d
04-25-2005, 01:23 PM
i'm bringing a load of texas BBQ. You dont get this kinda stuff up there :D shut up jon, i know you are going to make some crack about damn texans or something now :D:D:D

xphilter
04-27-2005, 02:24 PM
im so there...i live in the twin cities and i just bought my car (silver 90 525 5sp with 200,000 miles =) ) this spring but im excited to meet other owners. Where in chicago is it going to be? (never mind saw the link above heh) Thanks.
-amir

Jon K
04-27-2005, 02:44 PM
i'm bringing a load of texas BBQ. You dont get this kinda stuff up there :D shut up jon, i know you are going to make some crack about damn texans or something now :D:D:D

LOL...

texans think they can transport meat in a car from TX to Chicago... lol.

JK. Ugh i dunno if I want to drive allllllll the way out there.

Wyn
04-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Ugh i dunno if I want to drive allllllll the way out there.
Don't be a wuss

philbyil
04-28-2005, 02:46 PM
where in texas?
We are moving to Kerrville, TX on May 31st....
Great driving and motorcycling roads around there...besides a couple of good BBQ joints :D

bimmerd00d
05-02-2005, 06:01 PM
We are moving to Kerrville, TX on May 31st....
Great driving and motorcycling roads around there...besides a couple of good BBQ joints :D

My parents have a ranch in Blanco, about 30 miles east of Kerrville. Absolutely beautiful country out there. If you haven't already, Highway 16 is amazing, and runs right near Kerrville. I grew up in that area, let me know if you need any help or suggestions of anything.

Jr ///M5
05-14-2005, 09:30 PM
All the information for the meet hasn't been updated yet, the link still shows last years details.

Would someone pull Scott out from under the 535 so he can update the link with this years information. I would ask Jill, but rumor has it that she's mad at me....=)

By the way, UNCLE PHIL, if you're reading this.....Are you planning a trip to Chicago this August??? You know it's not going to be the same without you and Deb...I do hope the move goes smooth for you though.

Jr

bimmerd00d
05-14-2005, 11:46 PM
All the information for the meet hasn't been updated yet, the link still shows last years details.

Would someone pull Scott out from under the 535 so he can update the link with this years information. I would ask Jill, but rumor has it that she's mad at me....=)

By the way, UNCLE PHIL, if you're reading this.....Are you planning a trip to Chicago this August??? You know it's not going to be the same without you and Deb...I do hope the move goes smooth for you though.

Jr

ol' scotty is busy with a new project. Got himself an M5, the 535 is no longer with us :(

MBXB
05-15-2005, 04:14 AM
I may just be able to pull if off.

If anyone can help me out with an excuse NOT to drop in on my inlaws, that would be a great help too.

Hey Ed, how's the new job going??

Maybe I'll fly in and rent a Saturn. It may be cheaper LOL

Ramon

PhilipJCaputo
06-28-2005, 08:27 AM
is anyone going to be bringing a chip reader?? sure would be a great time to get that ewsII read so I can finally get an EAT :-)

JAlfredPrufrock
06-28-2005, 03:38 PM
I may just be able to pull if off.

If anyone can help me out with an excuse NOT to drop in on my inlaws, that would be a great help too.

Hey Ed, how's the new job going??

Maybe I'll fly in and rent a Saturn. It may be cheaper LOL

Ramon

Dude, don't rent a Saturn.

There are plenty of E34 guys in the Chicagoland area that would take you in and drive you around for a weekend.

MBXB
06-29-2005, 01:24 AM
Won't be able to make it this year. Have to be at a wedding in LA.

brodee
06-30-2005, 10:58 AM
So who wants to make the trip north from Texas with me?? I could stay at my Dad's in Kansas on the way up there and back.

dacoyote
07-04-2005, 08:18 PM
I plan on being there if I can get my baby running, anyone else going from the Cleveland, OH area?

-Charles

Pofke13LT
07-07-2005, 05:52 PM
I would definetly like to make it out there.. Will there be food? :D

bimmerd00d
07-17-2005, 12:44 AM
So who wants to make the trip north from Texas with me?? I could stay at my Dad's in Kansas on the way up there and back.

I'm heading up from Dallas, where are you located?

bimmerd00d
07-17-2005, 12:45 AM
I would definetly like to make it out there.. Will there be food? :D

Yeah im sure we'll be cooking a few things. I think a friend is planning on bringing his bbq pit. I'm going to try and throw a cooler together with some Texas BBQ :)

///M Dynasty
07-24-2005, 12:38 PM
That looks amazing...I'm dying for a E34 only meet here.

brodee
07-24-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm heading up from Dallas, where are you located?

I'm down by Houston. Trying to arrange it so I can make the trip but doubt I'm going to be able to. Too much going on with family and work.

dacoyote
07-26-2005, 07:08 AM
So are we going on a drive or the like? or just hanging out in the park making fun of my getto bmw and paint job :-)??

-Charles

rnrn
08-01-2005, 11:03 AM
and I ain't able to wiggle out of it. Was looking very forward to it but I'm sure you'll all manage just fine. Cheers anyway... Ross

bimmerd00d
08-03-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm down by Houston. Trying to arrange it so I can make the trip but doubt I'm going to be able to. Too much going on with family and work.

ahh that sucks. Well, if you end up going, we're leaving the 10th or 11th, i haven't decided yet. shooting for the 10th at night though.

Brandon J
08-03-2005, 06:23 PM
and I ain't able to wiggle out of it. Was looking very forward to it but I'm sure you'll all manage just fine. Cheers anyway... Ross
That sucks Ross.

flipwils
08-04-2005, 10:48 AM
I've been telling some people about this meet, but searching through the pages of this thread over the past few months, I wasn't able to figure out exactly what the details are. Can someone please post a message clarifying:

Date and time
Place including grove # in the park
Expected number of attendees
What to bring (will food be provided, do we need to chip in for the park costs?)

Thanks,
Adam Wilson
'94 M5 3.8

dacoyote
08-04-2005, 02:29 PM
I've been telling some people about this meet, but searching through the pages of this thread over the past few months, I wasn't able to figure out exactly what the details are. Can someone please post a message clarifying:

Date and time
Place including grove # in the park
Expected number of attendees
What to bring (will food be provided, do we need to chip in for the park costs?)

Thanks,
Adam Wilson
'94 M5 3.8

<AOL> Me Too!</AOL>

I would have no issue bringing stuff, I just need to know what.

Thanks

Charles

HartgeM5
08-08-2005, 10:21 AM
I was thinking of driving up from Atlanta for this E34 gathering. How many people do you expect to show? It's been raining here all summer, and my daytona violet 3.8 needs to stretch it's legs. What park is the gathering taking place at? Driving directions? Website? Would love to come, but need more info.
Thanks

bimmerd00d
08-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Check page 1 of this thread for the location, i'ts dated last year but the location info is correct. It's august 13th, next saturday. I would say about 10-25 cars will show. I'm heading up from Texas.

632 Regal
08-08-2005, 09:27 PM
whats the accomodations like locally...I just looked and this is next week!

dacoyote
08-08-2005, 09:42 PM
whats the accomodations like locally...I just looked and this is next week!

I have to look also, I was thinking of camping.. but no local camping to be found...

-Charles

philbyil
08-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Brandon, Scott and the gang..
I hope the weather won't be TOO hot for you this year!
The GQ will be sulking in the garage this year instead of "on display" with the other fine E34's......

She is enjoying the TX weather and thankful that she will see no salt this coming winter :)

All the best

JAlfredPrufrock
08-11-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm working that day and won't be able to make the meet.

Anyone interested in getting together after 6pm that Saturday? It'd be cool to catch up with people who were at the meet last year as well as you out-of-town dudes coming in this year.

dacoyote
08-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm working that day and won't be able to make the meet.

Anyone interested in getting together after 6pm that Saturday? It'd be cool to catch up with people who were at the meet last year as well as you out-of-town dudes coming in this year.

Sure, I am more or less planning on spending the night.

-Charles

dacoyote
08-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Made it back to Cleveland for what is worth.

Thanks for the fun Brandon, Scott and Chris.

-Charles

Booster
11-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey guys.........any new pix from this years gathering to be posted up yet ?? Love to see them. The shots from last year were a great motivator for me to get mine finished and driven.
tahnks...........Vinny :D