PDA

View Full Version : Philly Meet April 17th

Alan_525i
04-16-2005, 04:39 PM
This was posted on the board a long time ago, hopefully people that are still interested kept an eye on the links to other sites that had updates. We should have a pretty good turnout, here is the information for those of you interested:

Since there's a few BMW owners here I'm extending the invitation to my (second) annual BMW meet, "5'er Phest Philly". The focus is on 5 series but all BMW's (car and motorcycles) are welcome. The date is Sunday, April 17th. Last year it was held at the bow of the USS United States (holder of the cross-Atlantic speed record), by Delaware Ave and Oregon Ave, and will probably be there this year as well.

This event and car show are free.

The event will begin by 12:00 and the car show will start around 2:00 or when most have shown up. The show, like last year, is purely democratic and everyone gets a vote for your favorite car.

If you have some parts to sell, you're welcome to put them out.
Drinks, snacks, music and facilities will be provided.

The location is the same as last year, pier 84 by the port bow of the USS United States. This is on Delaware ave just north of Oregon ave.

Despite the name, all BMW's are welcome... due to some confusion the name of the event will be changed for next year, suggestions are welcomed. Feel free to contact me at donniej@voicenet.com.
Special thanks to Dependable Distribution and the Delaware River Port Authority for use of the space.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/584000-584999/584361_29_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/584000-584999/584361_26_full.jpg

For the sake of directions, here's some info from Don (coordinator of the meet) when I asked him:

It's not that far off Delaware ave, maybe 100 feet or so. The ship is so big that it's a little tough to judge distance by it but we're not right against it. The land mark is a large pre-fab rubber warehouse (which houses our area cocoa supply). It's been a while but I recall the lot being just north of a large billboard type sign that says "Pier 82-84" os something similar.

I'll try to have some roundel signs out front or I'll put my black e28 out front by the gate.

Thank you everyone for your interest. With the expected turn out I'm already working on a larger lot for next year!
and
Just feed mapquest this address... (copy & paste)
E OREGON AVE & S COLUMBUS BLVD
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19148

Brief directions: When you're in the city on 95S (for those coming from Bucks County and north) get in the left lane to exit on Columbus Blvd/Washington ave (left exit). Go right at the light and go about 2-3 miles, you'll need to make a U-turn at Oregon ave but you *can't* miss the ship... after the U-turn we're on pier 84, if you pass the ship you went too far

Wyn
04-16-2005, 06:46 PM
This is the 2nd 5er meet I'm missing :( ... Well, hopefully next year.

Kalevera
04-16-2005, 07:11 PM
When are they going to fix up that ship, anyway? :)