PDA

View Full Version : sad :(

kyleN20
04-15-2005, 02:21 PM
i was looking at my car last night, finally realizing that i need to get my lower door rust taken care of, and also my rear right qtr pannel. then while trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with my front right low beam, (i never did) i noticed my car has been in a accident in the front. i saw this when i noticed a slight bit behing the headlight had cracked paint and was slightly croumpled. all this stuff put into one night put me in a somber mood, then i washed it, and was happy once again. i almost certin it runs better when it has had a light detialing, it makes the car feel good about itself, haha, any thoughts on the headlight, there projector bulbs, i tried to change it with a diffirent bulb, but bo dice. when i unpluged the bulb, low beam came up on my dash, but dident before when it was just out, im baffeled, also, what do i need for fog lights that are projectors?
got one of those out also.... sighhhhhh

thanks

Kyle

Kalevera
04-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Hey Kyle....that sucks to hear about the car having been in an accident and such. I found a "DOT-R" body panel (pass fender) and it pissed me off, too...esp since the carfax showed no accidents. Oh well. Yeah, it ALWAYS runs better when clean :)

I just use H1 bulbs in my projectors. Picked up a wal*mark bulb last time one of mine went out (because I wasn't sure if it was actually the bulb...turned out to be). Did you do the continuity test on the low beam? I bet it's grounding out.

best, whit

Mobius
04-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Hey Kyle....that sucks to hear about the car having been in an accident and such. I found a "DOT-R" body panel (pass fender) and it pissed me off, too...esp since the carfax showed no accidents. Oh well. Yeah, it ALWAYS runs better when clean :)I got a DOT-R fender this last January. ****ing ice. :(

But, carfax does NOT show accidents. There may be a couple states that report accidents in that way, but most do not. My dad's Volvo S70 has been in two +$10,000 collisions (not even joking) and its carfax comes up clean as a whistle.

Kalevera
04-15-2005, 04:51 PM
...damn...what's the purpose of it then?

Blitzkrieg Bob
04-15-2005, 04:57 PM
from people who are trying to buy a used car and would like to double check on the snake selling it

winfred
04-15-2005, 06:59 PM
carfax reports stuff that's been tagged into the title like taxi, fleet and totaled in a wreck usually when the title changes hands to the insurance company

...damn...what's the purpose of it then?

kyleN20
04-15-2005, 07:10 PM
how do you check if its grounded?

632 Regal
04-15-2005, 08:58 PM
dude...am I bummed? I think every panel I ever saw on my car has a "dot r" deal on it! Maybe my car was completly rebuilt and is new again??? wonder what I can do about the mileage issue.

Mobius
04-16-2005, 02:13 AM
carfax reports stuff that's been tagged into the title like taxi, fleet and totaled in a wreck usually when the title changes hands to the insurance companyAlso for verifying mileage. Emissions checks usually show up; along with the reported mileage at the time of the check.