PDA

View Full Version : Trans prog - how many people living with it?

Scott C
04-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Just curious,

My 525 (95) auto has had a "false" reporting of the famous "trans program" for over a year now. Anybody else living with this?

I say false because in my case, the transmission never goes into limp mode and always shifts flawlessly and smoothly in all modes.

I grounded the input to the CCM after the dealer could NOT fix the problem.

Scott

puck1
07-08-2007, 10:27 PM
My 525 (91) was also reporting a "False Trans Program". After a small amount of trouble shooting I found it to be the "kick down switch" under the gas pedal. I pulled on the switch to dissengage the contact and the false messaging went away. The dealer never got a chance to $#@* me over.
Pete

Omega
07-09-2007, 01:06 AM
I lived 5+ years with my e34 posting the "Trans Prog" every so often. It usually happened when it was damp.

It was the main loom connection on the gearbox going to the ECU, unclip it, spray with electrical cleaner and put back together used to clear it for a good while.

///Sniper535
07-09-2007, 01:19 AM
I got this false reading too. It all happened when i got a newer (used) gauge cluster...

attack eagle
07-09-2007, 04:55 AM
mine would go to limp every so often, shut the key off, clear the code, and restart and it would be fine. turned out to be a failing battery.