PDA

View Full Version : strange problem..

peks
04-14-2005, 11:10 PM
about half the time, when i unlock the doors from the drivers door, my hazard lights start blinking. the hazard switch is not blinking like usual when you turn them on yourself, and the only way to turn them off is by pressing the switch on and then off. this happens quite randomly, no rhyme or reason i can think of..
not a terrible problem.. but it gets a little annoying.

thx, pekka

632 Regal
04-14-2005, 11:34 PM
dirt dirt dirt.... this isn't my call but i'll guess dirt in your switches, start with the center switches and go from there. Maybe jarad from subway dumped a 28oz of cola down there at one time? Salt also can play havoc with this if your in a salt location as in from winter or ocean views, salt and humidity make great conductors especially for micro switches.

peks
04-14-2005, 11:39 PM
ooh.. the switch was sticky when i got bought the car a year ago.. from a slob. the ash tray was piled almost an inch above the edge when i picked it up.. aargh. anyway i thought i cleaned up all those switches but i gues ill have another go at them again this wkend. thanks jeff

pekka

632 Regal
04-15-2005, 12:03 AM
subjected to crap and ashes maybe just an air compressor will temporairily fix it. Gordon used to sell some "stabil" electronic connection black magic crap that was simply black magic when it came to electronics. Look up stabilent 22, comes from Canadia. Anywaysof you rebuild and clean the switches they wont work right without this stuff. Think 1mixed oz was abour 20 or 30 bux...goes a long ways tho.