PDA

View Full Version : headunit review?

jarome
04-14-2005, 09:01 PM
anyone know a good site that has reviews on headunits. i searched and all i got was prices and very little reviews. thanks

emw525E34
04-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Get this! http://pureaudioonline.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=28&osCsid=bf131c7500e73a766f122ed31ef61ddf

Alpine 9820 unit!. Its awesome!. Blows away anything twice its price in audio quality.

632 Regal
04-14-2005, 11:35 PM
type in "jon" in the search deal

epj3
04-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Get this! http://pureaudioonline.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=28&osCsid=bf131c7500e73a766f122ed31ef61ddf

Alpine 9820 unit!. Its awesome!. Blows away anything twice its price in audio quality.
I DEFINITELY agree. I have the 9813. Wonderful head units, aren't they?

emw525E34
04-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Mine is actually a 9830. It had a tilt/swing face which is really cool to angle the display exactly I wanted. Also, the features are so good, it blew me away!. Now my hope for the 7998 just vanished into thin-air!!!.
Built-in HP/LP cross-over, Time correction, Bass profile. And , of course Bass Engine with Subw level control. It does MP3 nicely which is why I bought it in the first place.
My HU driven by an RF Punch 600a4 amp with 2ch driving DLS R5a reference separates for front (oh, do you know how far I threw those Nokia tweeters ???. The Nokia mids were tortured by my 4 year old with a pencil! No need to throw these. Bin them after pencil holes punched to satisfaction by 4 year old.)
Bridge rear channel toward Kicker 12in XPL subs (man.. its a monster at mid-blast!)
HU drives filli-in Tsunami separates at the rear. On Touring cones were ceiling mounted. 6.5 inch just fit the space!. Tweeters pointing forward from the angled bulge. Total sound output is pure joy!.
( Not a single crappy stock audio component left in my touring. Good riddence.)

jarome
04-15-2005, 10:33 AM

i already have a jvc headunit and was looking into the indash dvd players. just got a coop at Valeo and making a list of toys to get :D

epj3
04-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Mine is actually a 9830. It had a tilt/swing face which is really cool to angle the display exactly I wanted. Also, the features are so good, it blew me away!. Now my hope for the 7998 just vanished into thin-air!!!.
Built-in HP/LP cross-over, Time correction, Bass profile. And , of course Bass Engine with Subw level control. It does MP3 nicely which is why I bought it in the first place.
My HU driven by an RF Punch 600a4 amp with 2ch driving DLS R5a reference separates for front (oh, do you know how far I threw those Nokia tweeters ???. The Nokia mids were tortured by my 4 year old with a pencil! No need to throw these. Bin them after pencil holes punched to satisfaction by 4 year old.)
Bridge rear channel toward Kicker 12in XPL subs (man.. its a monster at mid-blast!)
HU drives filli-in Tsunami separates at the rear. On Touring cones were ceiling mounted. 6.5 inch just fit the space!. Tweeters pointing forward from the angled bulge. Total sound output is pure joy!.
( Not a single crappy stock audio component left in my touring. Good riddence.)
The 9830 is the newer version of what i have. same features and all, but mine has the vdrive amp.

I have some shitty Infinity reference speakers the previous owner put in...they are horrible. Very raw sounding highs, and the mids are muddy.

Jon K
04-15-2005, 12:08 PM
type in "jon" in the search deal

LOL

:D

I am actually not running a headunit anymore!

pundit
04-16-2005, 09:29 PM
anyone know a good site that has reviews on headunits. i searched and all i got was prices and very little reviews. thanks
This is regarded as one of the best head units (for sound quality) around.
It has no built-in amps, but does have built-in electronic crossovers etc.

CLARION DRZ9255 (http://www.clarion.com/usa/products/source_units/DRZ9255.html)

It will not play MP3's but if you want to play MP3's then I wouldn't even bother considering the Clarion just buy something cheaper that plays MP3's and don't be too concerned about the sound quality. ;)

i already have a jvc headunit and was looking into the indash dvd players. just got a coop at Valeo and making a list of toys to get :D
I just read this.... ignore the above Clarion blurb!!