PDA

View Full Version : Mtech II for 90 525i

xphilter
04-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi,
So my steering wheel is pretty old and is comming undone so I have been bidding on a Mtech II wheel on ebay. The only problem is that shipping is alot and i dont know if i will win it. Does anybody know where i could just order one? Thanks.
-amir

Alan_525i
04-15-2005, 12:43 AM
New at the dealer will run you over 500 I think. If you know someone there it can be had for around 400. I got mine new from the dealer. Its very nice.

Lennyz525i
04-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Hang in there with the bidding. I got mine on ebay for $165 or something like that. It's in great condition. Good luck connecting the horn!, haha!

Ps, I still haven't tracked down my clicky clicky noises when I turn the wheel.

empower
04-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Hang in there with the bidding. I got mine on ebay for $165 or something like that. It's in great condition. Good luck connecting the horn!, haha!

Let me know if you figure out what is causing the "clicky, click", I've got the same problem with a M tech on a 91 M5. Thanks,

buddyglassjr
02-28-2007, 04:41 PM

... and I noticed that you drive a '90. I've searched multiple forums and can't get a definitive answer on if the MTech 2 steering wheel will fit my '90 that has its original airbag-equipped steering wheel (most of the information is "91 and up" or "things were different in the 89-90". Also, I'm not sure if there was a difference in US-spec, etc. Was yours originally an airbag wheel, too? (and I'm assuming you have a US-spec 525?) Any help would be appreciated.

shanek
02-28-2007, 05:58 PM
There are 2 M-Tech II wheels. One for non air-bag cars and one for air-bag cars. Heres a link to the info
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/Upgrade/SteeringWheel.htm
You can buy them from here under the E30 section.
http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/

Qube
03-01-2007, 09:24 AM
The MTech II is a DEFINITE upgrade. Smaller and thicker, nicer to use. I'm still talking about the steering wheel :)

buddyglassjr
03-01-2007, 10:01 AM
I've been staring at that site for months now and it never occurred to me that the part numbers and description were right there. Thanks for (re)-pointing it out to me! RTFM and Search, right?:D

SC David
03-01-2007, 05:17 PM
... and I noticed that you drive a '90. I've searched multiple forums and can't get a definitive answer on if the MTech 2 steering wheel will fit my '90 that has its original airbag-equipped steering wheel (most of the information is "91 and up" or "things were different in the 89-90". Also, I'm not sure if there was a difference in US-spec, etc. Was yours originally an airbag wheel, too? (and I'm assuming you have a US-spec 525?) Any help would be appreciated.His car was having problems and he ended up donating it. I picked up the wheel from him, and it is not for airbag cars, though it will fit. His car had an airbag, but he sacrificed it for the much nicer feel :)