PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Windshield

Rory535i
04-14-2005, 04:59 AM
ok my windshield cracked today and i'm wondering do I have to go to the dealer for the replacement clips and whatever else i need or will the guy fitting the new windshield have all the stuff?

eligunn
04-14-2005, 06:35 AM
The guy who is replacing it should have everything, but it wouldn't hurt to watch him like a hawk whiles doing it. That way you can do it yourself next time.

632 Regal
04-14-2005, 08:22 AM
talk to them and let them know, a lot of places that dont have first hand knowledge witt look at you like your an idiot and glue the stuff back on...move on to the next place.

Rory535i
04-14-2005, 08:25 AM
talk to them and let them know, a lot of places that dont have first hand knowledge witt look at you like your an idiot and glue the stuff back on...move on to the next place.

lol ok thanks. I know, i'm not about to let some clown do the job for me. I want to find someone who knows about the required parts that need to be replaced. is it just clips and the plastic surround?

632 Regal
04-14-2005, 09:11 AM
pretty much that. you getting BMW glass or PPG?

skr
04-14-2005, 05:36 PM
if u pry out the plastic thing carefuly they probably won't break. managed to break only two of them. the plastic thing usualy gets chiped at the top in time but besides that the old one works fine. u will need a can of some kind of special adhesive stuff. dont know exactly how it's called. if u do it yourself be carefull to clean the surfaces realy good and that u apply the adhesive uniformley. allso afterwards u should apply some stiky along the contour(over the plastic thing) and leave it on 1 day. allso that day don't drive it too fast.