PDA

View Full Version : Eibach/Bilstein

kraulto
04-11-2005, 10:54 PM
I have a 92 e34, how bout an Eibach pro kit and Bilstein's HD!..too stiff or what do you guys think??

johnwilson
04-12-2005, 01:50 AM
I have a 92 e34, how bout an Eibach pro kit and Bilstein's HD!..too stiff or what do you guys think??

I put a set of Eibach springs in my 530. They lowered the car by about 35mm, but, it is as hard as a rock. If my drivers seat didn't have springs in it I wouldn't have any teeth left. Also, the car didn't have a rattle in it. I spend all my time now banging the ash tray back and holding up the glove box lid.
After I stuck these in someone told me that you can get lowered springs with the same poundage as stock springs - probably best to go there. Gotta say though that the car does go round corners a lot quicker then it used to.

632 Regal
04-12-2005, 09:35 AM
If you lower it you need to go with the Bilstein sport shocks, they have an internal bump stop and are made for lowered cars.

mikell
04-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Installed Bilstein HD's about a year ago, and really like them - they are just a bit firmer than stock, and went in pretty easy. Unless you are looking for really stiff, I think you'd like them - and a lifetime warranty, not bad.

e34it
04-13-2005, 12:48 AM
i run eibach/bilstein in my M5, it is defintely a firm ride, whenever you hit a pothole it feels like the car is gonna cave in. But then again, I'm in Sicily so the roads over here look like the surface of the moon.

BMWE34M5
04-15-2005, 06:41 PM
http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/mel/AutoX_D1.jpg
I have a 1991 M5 with Bilstein Sports and Eibach Sports-no problems but a very firm ride-car handles great!

Alan_525i
04-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Pretty much the same as the above comments. I actually run HDs with my Eibachs. Very stiff. I think the rear shocks might be due for replacement after 30K due to them not being matched real well to the springs. I will either get Bilstein Sports or Konis this time.

As for ride, I live in center city Philadelphia. Its PAINFUL to drive. I also have RD sways which don't help any. If you want soft, Racing Dynamics springs supposedly have a very soft ride. But that can also mean bottoming out. Go drive other person's cars with suspension, I'm sure there is a BMWCCA person in your area with springs on an E34.

632 Regal
04-15-2005, 11:48 PM
mine either bottom or thats the firm deal I never realized. I only hear/feel it on big ass holes on the dirt road, in civilization they are fine though. My car does seem to sit a bit lower than them little 6s.

Tiger
04-16-2005, 08:29 AM
Mine bottoms out when I hit a moderate size pothole or imperfection... crashing/jarring impact. 95% of the time, it is fine... firm yet comfortable... passenger complains of too firm/go cart like ride. It is the 5% of the time I really hated my setup.

I thought it was bad shock... It was but even when I put in new Bilstein Sport... it still bottoms out. In beginning, it feels quite firm, but as it break in... quite comfortable. Yet, it still bottoms out.

I am gonna switch to Mtech springs... I can only tolerate it so much... A car is NOT suppose to bottom out.

califblue
04-12-2018, 10:49 AM
I went with the Sachs kit and M-Tech Sway bars lowered it 2" in front no tire rub and 1 3/4" rear

632 Regal
04-12-2018, 07:57 PM
I went with the Sachs kit and M-Tech Sway bars lowered it 2" in front no tire rub and 1 3/4" rear

Looks good! Front should settle down a bit in a few months of driving. Rears actually look lower than mine.
Id post a pic but think they are gone.

califblue
04-16-2018, 07:45 PM

Perfect

rbrickman
04-25-2018, 03:17 AM

Perfect

Nice stance. How's the ride quality?

Rustam
04-25-2018, 10:36 PM
Bilstein as applied to E34 is an upside down shock absorber. This means the actual piston width and the tube width are SMALLER in diameter - read "potentially not as strong". Also, has internal bushing, as observed by removal of the outer shell tube. This makes the setup buttom out. Cutting the bushing is possible, but voids warranty. Sachs- Boge is a good shock absorber that retains correct functional diameter, and has gas filled options as well.

califblue
04-30-2018, 01:01 PM
Perfect, nice a tight not bumpy..whole different BMW