PDA

View Full Version : Scammed, I think

sooperspeed
04-11-2005, 05:02 PM
I bought a set of wheels and tires from someone on Roadfly and I think i got scammed. Paypal of course is worthless. Has anyone heard of a guy named Gordan Chang?

GordanC180@hotmail.com

bmwchang9@hotmail.com

Kalevera
04-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Actually, PayPal is quite good about making sure you get a refund. If you paid with a credit card, I'd call the CC company first and see if they'll do anything. If they won't, file a claim with PayPal. I've had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a few boneheaded sellers. PayPal *always* worked things out for me, and they've got excellent phone support to boot.

good luck!

best, whit

sooperspeed
04-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Cool, I really hope it works out. It is good to hear that Paypal does help people out. I have heard a few negative stories. That is why I was a little freaked at first.

Thanks for the reassurance.

Actually, PayPal is quite good about making sure you get a refund. If you paid with a credit card, I'd call the CC company first and see if they'll do anything. If they won't, file a claim with PayPal. I've had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a few boneheaded sellers. PayPal *always* worked things out for me, and they've got excellent phone support to boot.

good luck!

best, whit

Kalevera
04-11-2005, 05:56 PM
The one thing to remember is that you need to get it filed within 30 days of payment....else they won't accept it.

best, whit

Qube
04-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Unfortunately, PayPal most likely would NOT help you out. Go with your CC company FIRST, then PayPal. If the guy that scammed you took the money out from the PayPal 'account' already, then you're out of luck. You think PayPal would reimburse you out of their own pocket? HA! They destroyed my online business because of their horrible support if something goes wrong... from withholding money to withholding critical information :(

But... GOOD LUCK!

sooperspeed
04-11-2005, 09:35 PM
yeah, that has been my experience too..... I am justing keeping my hopes up

Kalevera
04-11-2005, 10:37 PM
I really don't think that's the case for buyers. As I said, I've thrown about 5 item disputes their way (wherein boneheaded sellers sent me nothing, broken items, or "not 100% as described") and I've always gotten my money back. This includes two claims that got processed this week. I've had to call them a few times to get things straightened out and the phone support people REALLY helped my cause (I'm not even ****ing around...every single time). PayPal people even helped me out when UPS was trying to clown me. So, A+ in my book (granted, I've never issues with them as a seller,so who knows)

All of this is in stark contrast to the idiots who run eBay's help department, which is a shame. I had to put a claim in with them once...took a few months to sort out, and I didn't get all of my money back. You'd think they'd be equivalent since it's the same damn company.

best, whit

Dash01
04-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Well then, you're very fortunate in that case. My own experience with PayPal after buying a brand new motorcycle engine that arrived poorly packed and with ~$650 damage was that PayPal would not/did not do squat. Slow on email response and went downhill from there: Totally worthless. This despite my spending an extra $20 for shipping insurance, which was a waste of money. Don't count on eBay, either. And, DHL was the carrier, and that is the LAST time they'll ever ship anything for me. As far as I can tell from this experience, PayPal, eBay, and DHL all went to the same school of business ethics as Ken Lay and the wonderful folks at Enron.

I really don't think that's the case for buyers. As I said, I've thrown about 5 item disputes their way (wherein boneheaded sellers sent me nothing, broken items, or "not 100% as described") and I've always gotten my money back. This includes two claims that got processed this week. I've had to call them a few times to get things straightened out and the phone support people REALLY helped my cause (I'm not even ****ing around...every single time). PayPal people even helped me out when UPS was trying to clown me. So, A+ in my book (granted, I've never issues with them as a seller,so who knows)

All of this is in stark contrast to the idiots who run eBay's help department, which is a shame. I had to put a claim in with them once...took a few months to sort out, and I didn't get all of my money back. You'd think they'd be equivalent since it's the same damn company.

best, whit

Gene in NC
04-12-2005, 12:30 AM
OT Where is the Help on this board? Can't fgure out how to start a new thread. Paypal seems to be hard on sellers which translates to buyer support. My one complaint handled quickly and fairly. Also suggest dealing with sellers who have something to lose by getting bad feedback. On the other hand regular sellers prob not offering deals like you got on the wheels.

Kalevera
04-12-2005, 01:24 AM
Hit the "new thread" button on the top of the main page for the specific forum.

best, whit

sooperspeed
04-12-2005, 03:41 PM
I just don't know how Paypal can offer the $1000 guaranteed, then two pages later after you have submitted the payment, state that nothing is really covered, unless you buy it on ebay, and they are really just messin with ya anyway...