PDA

View Full Version : anybody have a hankering for a 95 525it in the loserana area?

winfred
04-10-2005, 10:57 AM
the boss just picked one up friday as a dealer trade in and it hasn't made it to the shop yet but he says it's nice, black with tan int, said it was a local cpo in 97 and just traded in last week by it's 2nd owner, i can't remember what he said the miles were, somewere in the $6k range depending on what it needs to spiff it up after i get my hands on it

billb
04-10-2005, 01:57 PM
the boss just picked one up friday as a dealer trade in and it hasn't made it to the shop yet but he says it's nice, black with tan int, said it was a local cpo in 97 and just traded in last week by it's 2nd owner, i can't remember what he said the miles were, somewere in the $6k range depending on what it needs to spiff it up after i get my hands on it

The wife and I are thinking of something new to consolidate the 525i and the Explorer. That might just do it...

Keep me in mind. It'd be a nice road trip.

winfred
04-10-2005, 06:09 PM
it should be at the shop early next week but i don't know if ill be working on it, i have to get a e34 535 5 speed conversion done varly quickly and the car aint here yet, plus i am going to winchester va monday the 18th for a week

winfred
04-11-2005, 10:32 PM
117k miles, basketweave's, working dual sunroofs, decent paint with a few hail dings correct vin # on hood with different fenders(it couldn't of been much of a hit with the factory hood intact) good alignment of body panels, good rubber, i haven't had it on the rack yet to look at the underside

winfred
04-17-2005, 02:05 PM
gone

Brian C.
04-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh Bill........how could you.

Brian C.
;)

Tiger
04-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Wow... that was sold fast! Someone from here?

billb
04-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Oh Bill........how could you.

Brian C.
;)

Nope, Ginger spent the weekend being hurled around VIR at highway speeds.

;)

The missus wants to move up a few years if we do end up with another bimmer anyways. Thanks anyways Winfred!

winfred
04-17-2005, 06:06 PM
nope a local customer, he's deciding if he will keep his 92 535im or sell off another car in a attempt to only insure 5 cars

Wow... that was sold fast! Someone from here?

MarkD
04-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Nope, Ginger spent the weekend being hurled around VIR at highway speeds.

;)

The missus wants to move up a few years if we do end up with another bimmer anyways. Thanks anyways Winfred!

Hi Bill,

is Ginger the 318iS? If so, how is the chip I sent?

Mark

Brian C.
04-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Leave a little rubber on the track did you? Any near death experiences? Your weekend itineraries sounded like it was going to be a fun month! Just think, if you get a nice little E34 M5T, then you could get the groceries, AND STILL head to the track on the way home. :p

Brian C.
;)

billb
04-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Hi Bill,

is Ginger the 318iS? If so, how is the chip I sent?

Mark

I'm currently running the "other" chip in the E30 right now, trying to get a feel again for how different the two are. I had swapped back to stock when the timing chains were fresh, then went to the off-brand for the first test, then will go back to yours. I'll definitely use yours for the driving school in July!

And when gas comes back down a bit, will put yours back in Ginger that I bought from sbcncsu a while back.

Thanks!

billb
04-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Leave a little rubber on the track did you? Any near death experiences? Your weekend itineraries sounded like it was going to be a fun month! Just think, if you get a nice little E34 M5T, then you could get the groceries, AND STILL head to the track on the way home. :p

Brian C.
;)

CCA event (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=10818)

The Yokos have about 36k on them now, and I was surprised how little they protested, and how much grip they still had left in 'em!

billb
04-18-2005, 07:06 AM
Leave a little rubber on the track did you?

Walked out to the garage last night, to see the left front tire drooping. 12psi. Took it off, found a nice shard of glass in the tread. Oh well, I was looking for a reason to put some new tires on. I'm going back with the Yoko AVS dB S2, as I got about 36k out of the first set of dBs...that's pretty good in my book. Was running 225/60VR15 before, and I cannot convince myself to go back to 205/65, since they're the same price.

Unfortunately, Tirerack.com is down at the moment, and I can't order (and their phone reps can't take orders either).

billb
04-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Walked out to the garage last night, to see the left front tire drooping. 12psi. Took it off, found a nice shard of glass in the tread. Oh well, I was looking for a reason to put some new tires on. I'm going back with the Yoko AVS dB S2, as I got about 36k out of the first set of dBs...that's pretty good in my book. Was running 225/60VR15 before, and I cannot convince myself to go back to 205/65, since they're the same price.

Unfortunately, Tirerack.com is down at the moment, and I can't order (and their phone reps can't take orders either).

TireRack came back online Monday pretty soon after I posted, and I got a new set on the way. Cost $71/each. I paid $70/each in 12/2001 for the first set of dB's. Got 36k out of them, could have probably got 40k if I went easy on 'em. Cost for the set worked out to $0.01/mile, or $0.0025/tire/mile. Not too shabby!

My preferred installer has the GSP 9712, and is highly recommended. I used him on the last set of Yokos, and he got the balance right first time!

Meanwhile, Ginger limps along on 3 Yokos 225/60R15 and one Michelin 205/65R15. Until Thursday, that is.

:D