PDA

View Full Version : 535 versions (E34)

scoobysmak
04-09-2005, 12:36 AM
I am looking for a listing of the different versions of the 535 (e34). I have the 535i, then have seen the other following versions on here:
1. 535iT (Touring model-wagon)
2. 535iM (not sure what the M stands for, manual?)
3. 535iA (not sure what the A stands for, automatic?)

Then I looked on the E34 special models page and wonder what is the Dinan 535i motor, I assume this was an aftermaket kit for the M30 engine but didn't find much info on it. I would love to have this power but think it might be cheaper to buy an M5. There may be even more versions out there but would like to know what there differences are.

Kalevera
04-09-2005, 12:43 AM
I always thought the manuals = 535is, but everyone refers to them as iM on the board; perhaps that's how the vin sticker on the b pillar refers to them? My iA automatic is listed as such in that spot.

Those turbo dinans are hard to come by, especially since Steve ended the M30 turbo kit a while back. Might as well buy an S38 or just do a custom job if you want to turbo or supercharge.

I don't think they ever made a 535iT in the US...In europe, I think they had an SE version (which I would assume must be less options, since you couldn't really cut or extend the e34 without messing up a few things).

best, whit

scoobysmak
04-09-2005, 12:52 AM
I think I have seen a wagon in the US, but not sure (this was before I bought mine). It would be a rare event if I did. Thinking of doing a custom turbo job, if anyone was familar with it. I wasn't sure if the M30 was a good engine to have forced induction with but by the numbers listed I belive its good. If anyone has experince with this good or bad, and things to watch out for it would be a great help. I also saw that the displacement was increased from 3.5L to 3.7L. What was included in the kit if anyone knows. Thanks for the info.

Paul in NZ
04-09-2005, 01:52 AM
dont think there was a touring 535,but for those of us otside the us there was the is which usually had the m5 body kit and m tech suspension.My 535is is identical to an m5 in the interior,and also the front spoiler and skirts are the same,but the is doesnt thave the contrasting paintwork .Otherwise they are standard 535's

Rory535i
04-09-2005, 04:16 AM
As far as i know, on the uk model 535is the "s" stands for sport, the same as the e30 325is. On any i have seen they all come with the m-tec bodykit and recaro seats, m-tec steering wheel, gear knob etc. and 5 speed gearbox. Don't think they made a 535i touring.

pundit
04-09-2005, 06:36 PM
I am looking for a listing of the different versions of the 535 (e34). I have the 535i, then have seen the other following versions on here:
1. 535iT (Touring model-wagon)
2. 535iM (not sure what the M stands for, manual?)
3. 535iA (not sure what the A stands for, automatic?)

Then I looked on the E34 special models page and wonder what is the Dinan 535i motor, I assume this was an aftermaket kit for the M30 engine but didn't find much info on it. I would love to have this power but think it might be cheaper to buy an M5. There may be even more versions out there but would like to know what there differences are.
It's strange to think one model of vehicle came with everything from a 1.8 litre 4 cylinder to a quad cam V8 to a diesel to a super high performance 24v six (M5) amongst others! :)

Oh and then there's the 4WD 525iX Touring!