PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Bonnet/Hood

Phlugg
04-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Hi all,

I tried to pop the bonnet/hood and the release lever in the car is not activating the release mechanism for the hood - I guess the cable has stretched/broke or the mechanism is jammed.

How can I open the bonnet/hood apart from using the release lever.

I searched the files and found a reference to popping the hood by inserting a screw driver through the right grill at the front, but I have looked through the grill with a torch/flashlight and can not see anything that looks like it might be a release mechanism.

Any ideas?

Regards

Nick.

genphreak
04-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Get somone to push forward and down on the hood when u pull the lever. If that doesn't work get them to try to slide it back and down. Perhaps across a bit, perhaps jiggling whilst you pull the lever will help. It might just have some pressure against it somehow, either way don't close it again without finding the problem and fixing it (and not to mention letting **us** all know!)

Good luck... :) GP

winfred
04-08-2005, 09:12 PM
on usa cars the latch is easyly popped with a screwdriver behind the left grill a couple inches outside of the horn to the inside of the high beam, not sure how accessable it is on right hand drive cars

genphreak
04-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Chk the diagram http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/v/201.png
, I reckon you have to press something in the latch (Item #5) w your screwdriver?

But I've never done it... have you searched the forums?