PDA

View Full Version : Rear End Howling

632 Regal
04-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Picked me up an LSD from Rigmaster a little while back. Mechanic swapped input flange and probably impacted it on insterad of following my directions. So anyways its starting to whine a small bit, not affected by giving it gas or downshifting, just slight and constant. It may have for the past month but for me to just notice it id have to say it just started.*

Does this mean that I just pitched 500 bucks out the window or is this salvageable? I was thinking of loosening the nut, tapping it loose and re-tightening the nut until the resistance is proper and lock tighting the nut. The other thought is will I have to replace the bearings and races and are they even available?

* I just had my new rims and tires put on too, think the tires are wearing in a bit and making the noise? dont really sound like its from the outside and seems to be from the rear with the windows closed.

This sucks.

bahnstormer
04-06-2005, 10:55 AM
i doubt that overtightening the bolt would cause that noise
ask your mech if he put the right kinda oil in there...

632 Regal
04-06-2005, 11:07 AM
right dope in there, I provided it, synthetic and all. I read about over tightening the nut but cant find it now.

winfred
04-06-2005, 12:12 PM
if it's been overtightned it probably did in the crush washer and everything needs to be reset, hopefully before the ring and pinion eat one another