Tcdoe
04-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I got my new tails from Germany this morning. Gave the car a quick wash
and fitted them. I love the new look, can't wait to detail the car well and
go take some proper pictures.

http://www.pbase.com/tcdoe/image/41678028/large.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/tcdoe/image/41678029/large.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/tcdoe/image/41678027/large.jpg

High res pics here. (http://www.pbase.com/tcdoe/tails)

632 Regal
04-05-2005, 11:04 AM
give the yellow bulbs a very light silver spray to get rid of the egg yolk look. your tails look good!

JonE
04-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Say, is that a bottle of "moonshine" next to the chair by the house?

Tcdoe
04-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Jeff: I was gonna paint the bulbs but I was so anxious to see what they looked like on the car that I forgot :)

JonE: Shh, don't tell anyone :p

emw525E34
04-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Hi TC,

May I know what brand these lights are and which company in Germany you got them from . Also, price in Euro ?. Have some friends in Germany and may want to check them out. Thx.

jplacson
04-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Get those new Osram Diadem bulbs (or Philips Silvervisions) they're supposed to be clear, but flash orange/amber when in use.

jplacson
04-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey that you Frankie? You have friends in Germany? Hey, I'm looking for a CD from there... only available from Amazon.de think you can ask your friends to get me a copy?

pmlmotorsports
04-05-2005, 10:51 PM
I read that you have the Vogtland spring kit installed. Would you be willing to comment on them. Which strut/shocks are you running? I have the stock Boge Automatics and Vogtland lowering springs and I really like them a lot. Please be honest in you opinion of the product. BTW, nice lights, hell, nice car.

rockyfeller
04-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Yup I'm beginning to like those tails even more now....BTW do the inner lenses come with built in fogs??? That would be great if they did. A retrofit on the original Hellas looks like a hassle.

Tcdoe
04-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Hi TC,

May I know what brand these lights are and which company in Germany you got them from . Also, price in Euro ?. Have some friends in Germany and may want to check them out. Thx.

I don't know about the manufacturer because it didn't really say anywhere, just that they're made in Asia. The quality isn't quite as nice as the Hellas but still ok; they align nicely, don't give any error messages to the obc etc.. I looked around ebay.de for the cheapest ones I could find and ordered from www.protun.de. The lights themself were 135€, another 24,50€ for shipping from Germany to Finland. They said it would take 2-3 weeks but they came in a little over a week.

Get those new Osram Diadem bulbs (or Philips Silvervisions) they're supposed to be clear, but flash orange/amber when in use.
Yeah, they're nice but terribly expensive just for a set of normal bulbs. The spray paint trick is ten times cheaper and just as good looking if done well.
Btw, I love your BMW photography on pbase.com.

I read that you have the Vogtland spring kit installed. Would you be willing to comment on them. Which strut/shocks are you running? I have the stock Boge Automatics and Vogtland lowering springs and I really like them a lot. Please be honest in you opinion of the product. BTW, nice lights, hell, nice car.
Thanks. The problem is that they came with the car, so I don't have anything to compare them with. Also, the shocks are in very bad condition so it wouldn't be fair to say anything about the ride. All I can say is that I like how low the car sits, not too low (doesn't touch the speed bumps) but still stylish. However, I will soon be posting comments on a KW sport kit (not the really expensive coilovers). :)

Yup I'm beginning to like those tails even more now....BTW do the inner lenses come with built in fogs??? That would be great if they did. A retrofit on the original Hellas looks like a hassle.
I too was afraid that they'd be too ricey, but I really like seeing them on my car now. Yes they come with the fogs, which they need to as they're E-approved. Don't know about any American approvals though, but I can check if you tell me what to look for.

jplacson
04-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Yeah, they're nice but terribly expensive just for a set of normal bulbs. The spray paint trick is ten times cheaper and just as good looking if done well.
Btw, I love your BMW photography on pbase.com.

Oh I wasn't aware of their prices... I figured they'd just be a bit more expensive than the regular stuff.

Thanks for the compliment, but those aren't my shots... those are from another BMWCCP member, Ryan Cruz. His photos are also used on our club site! :)

Qube
04-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Nice tails. I'm liking them more, but I got the 'standard' cleared ones instead. I considered these, but they were too 'crystal' like for this type of body. Makes it too 'ricey' like IMHO.

emw525E34
04-07-2005, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the link TC. That price was for a pair right ?. Or was it each side ?.
If they are made in Asia, most likely taiwan by Depo. The depo fronts would be a nice match to bring the car to the 2000 era look.

JP, German friend in Alabang that brings stuff regularly. Thats where I got my 2 E34 steering wheels from....german flea-market for 10euro.....

genphreak
04-07-2005, 02:29 AM
Thanks for showing us all. Those lights look much better on the car than I thought they would, hmmm still like the original ones though. Am also interested to see if they bother making the new LED-laden ones for an E34, I like the way they turn on and off so precisely. Still 135euro isn't bad at all... crumbs, I like them all. Please let us know if the KWs work out :) GP

Tcdoe
04-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the link TC. That price was for a pair right ?. Or was it each side ?.
If they are made in Asia, most likely taiwan by Depo. The depo fronts would be a nice match to bring the car to the 2000 era look.

JP, German friend in Alabang that brings stuff regularly. Thats where I got my 2 E34 steering wheels from....german flea-market for 10euro.....

For the pair of course. All the previous Depo lamps I've seen have had Depo markings all over them. These seem to be some generic Taiwanese brand. Not that it matters anyway. As I said, they're not OEM quality but the price isn't OEM either. Well worth the money imo.

Thanks for showing us all. Those lights look much better on the car than I thought they would, hmmm still like the original ones though. Am also interested to see if they bother making the new LED-laden ones for an E34, I like the way they turn on and off so precisely. Still 135euro isn't bad at all... crumbs, I like them all. Please let us know if the KWs work out :) GP
KW makes three sets for my car. There's the basic sport package (sport shocks and springs, about $775) and two adjustable sets of coilovers (the Variante 1 [$1500] and Variante 2 [$1800]). Check their site. (http://www.gewindefahrwerke.de/e_version/gewindefahrwerke/gewinde.php) I'll let you all know what the sports are like once I get them.