PDA

View Full Version : 1995 525iT Driver's side Window problem

atomicDog
04-03-2005, 07:39 PM
My power window motor died on the driver's door of my '95 525iT. I've replaced it with a new motor, but as I removed the motor/regulator assembly, I noticed that the windows appears to go into a bind as it goes down, even when operating the window by hand with the motor/regulator removed. In addition, once the new window motor was installed, the window won't go all of the way down. About a 1/4" of the glass is sitting up near the door lock area. The white plastic slides look to be in good shape and I've cleaned and re-greased them with white lithium grease. Any idea what I can do to free the window up from binding and get it to go all of the way down?

632 Regal
04-03-2005, 08:05 PM
check that the sides of the window is in the side track thingie.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HE23&mospid=47406&prod=19930600&btnr=51_0406&hg=51&fg=10

look at 6,8 & 14 and see what you find.

Bill R.
04-03-2005, 08:29 PM
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/windowstop.jpg
My power window motor died on the driver's door of my '95 525iT. I've replaced it with a new motor, but as I removed the motor/regulator assembly, I noticed that the windows appears to go into a bind as it goes down, even when operating the window by hand with the motor/regulator removed. In addition, once the new window motor was installed, the window won't go all of the way down. About a 1/4" of the glass is sitting up near the door lock area. The white plastic slides look to be in good shape and I've cleaned and re-greased them with white lithium grease. Any idea what I can do to free the window up from binding and get it to go all of the way down?

atomicDog
04-10-2005, 11:27 AM

Well, thanks for the replies and the diagram. With that info and some more checking, I found what I think is the problem. This past winter, I had a problem with my door. A strong gust of wind came along while I was getting out of the car and flung the door open. The pull was so strong, that it yanked the door brake mechanism hard and bent/broke the metal of the door in ths weak area. From that time on, I had problems closing the door (as the door brake was no longer fully supported in the door), until I finally fixed the problem with the stainless steel repair plate offered by Koala Motorsports. Anyway, as I tried to figure out what caused the window to bind, I noticed a dent/kink in the front window rail, just behind the darn door brake mechanism. I believe that once I put in a new front window rail, my window problem will be solved. Hope this post helps someone else and thanks again for the replies I received on this post.

BTW, anyone know how hard it is to change this rail??

makaio
12-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Anyone know where you can get the plastic guide pieces for the regulator arms besides the dealer? I saw some on ebay, but they want $10 for two. I was hoping to get them for less. I know I'm a cheap bastard.

632 Regal
12-08-2005, 10:05 PM
you are cheap man! Try the dealer, 2 years ago they were under a buck each, might be 1.50 now or even 2 bux....get the part number and call them up, the parts are less than shipping unless you score a dozen or so of em.