PDA

View Full Version : I couple of e36 questions

bjl4776
04-03-2005, 12:29 PM
I bought an e36 as a project car, is is a 95 325ism. I got the car and it wasn't running, for the price it wasn't a big deal. It didn't have an dme, got one, won't fire up, so i figure bad dme. Well I check for spark and injector pulse and im getting both, so what gives? I thought all an engine needs is fuel, spark, and air to run? Well i call the p.o. to find some things about the car and it has a fuel tank of gas that has been sitting there for 4 or more years without running. Could a tank of old gas stop a car from running at all? I figured it would run, just not well? Iv spent a week tinkering with things and running back and forth from the dealer with no avail, and in one way it will relieve me to see that it isnt something major, but it will piss me off because ive spent all this time because of bad gas. Another question that is more car specific, the drivers power window doesn't work as well as the two speakers in the door, but the power locks work. Is there some sort of commin ground or power in the doors for those two things? I hear the relay clicking for the window, but not motor noise at all from the door. Any preliminary help would be great before i dive into and start working my way though everything.

P.S. BMW of Watertown has great service, who knew, i was always hesitant to go in there, but the guy even let me borrow a test d.m.e to try out on my car, didn't expect that one.

632 Regal
04-03-2005, 12:38 PM
bad gas could definetly be the culprit! According to a local chain saw distributer he claims that gas is spoiling in less than 3 months now and says to use "stabil" in anything that is going to sit. Your tank should have a drain plug on the bottom.