PDA

View Full Version : (OT) headlights at dawn and dusk - Why not?

Russell
04-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Why is it that most pickup truck drivers never turn their headlights on at dawn or dusk? At least they do not here in central KY. Must be a macho thing.

Kalevera
04-02-2005, 10:44 PM
I stay away from pickup truck drivers....and for good reasons :)

winfred
04-02-2005, 11:20 PM
around here it's *******s running a foot off your bumper, which can be helpful sometimes because they are too close to see that they have their high beams on, anybody else notice that high beams are being used as regular lights?

bahnstormer
04-02-2005, 11:34 PM
why is it that no one puts thier lights
on during rain here in nj?

it says on the inspection sticker, wipers
on, lights on

damnit people

jplacson
04-02-2005, 11:42 PM
SUV/truck owners do that a lot here in the Phil... specially since they know that the brights of other cars don't reach their height (Ford Expeditions, F150s and the like.)

I recently upgraded my brights for this specific purpose (no we don't have regulations here in the Phil regarding lights) My low beams are still low, they don't blind anyone... and I don't want them to. One of the reasons I never switched to HID.

My brights are now the Philips Diamonds (H1 + 50%) and aimed a bit higher than normal... my high beams start just where my low beams cut off... so in dark country roads, my lights fill up almost every inch of road possible. This also allows me to flash those SUVs that think they're king of the road. (since most of them keep their highs stock, they aren't exactly that bright... HID users only have them on lows...)

Gotta have some kind of ammo... These SUV/truck owners are bigger pricks than us Bimmer owners ya know! (This is from an old joke: What's the difference between an porcupine and a BMW? On a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.) Hahahahaha!

liquidtiger720
04-03-2005, 12:00 AM
hehe, for my high beams, i aimed one at normal position, but a little more toward the center. the other i just aimed way high, to be able to flash trucks. I did loose a little bit of effectiveness on the road though.

winfred
04-03-2005, 12:23 AM
my old 75 240D benz was set up good for revenge, hella h4/h1 mains and hella 550 driving lights, you couldn't out run anybody in that old turd but when they passed i could burn the paint off the back of their car http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/lol.gif