PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys about the Server Issues

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-01-2005, 12:44 PM
seems I'm loosing connectivity to my backend data base, which is requiring a reboot to re-enable. I'll likely move it off the backend network to the frontend network tonight to prevent further outages.

632 Regal
04-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I panic when your down, even your emails dont go...lol

I need to get a life huh?

Thanks for all your efforts Ed!

Johntee540
04-01-2005, 02:08 PM
I dont want to see one word of complaint from anyone. We are thankful for what you do here Ed. What you do here for us is a gift and we appreciate it. - JT

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys, Thanks for your understanding. I'm at work now selling bimmer! Placing a larger population of bimmer on the road is a good thing, got to love it! off at 6pm to make the server even better!!!

Javier
04-01-2005, 04:13 PM
I mean the panic when can not reach the forum, and the feeling that you can not blame for the bad times, having taken so much benefit from the forum, at the expense of some one else having real trouble to keep it working, wile you are just sitting in panic.

Javier

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-01-2005, 04:15 PM
But the new server is faster now isn't it!
A little implementation pain, but it'll certainly be better in the long run.

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-01-2005, 07:46 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. It's only faster whan it up! Again, the nic seemed to fail. Before I move it off the backend network, I replaced the hub to see if that prevents the failures. I'm home now and watching it closely.

Jr ///M5
04-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Ed turboed the board....good job bud, I admire your ability for computer systems, and your passion for the Marque.

Thanks so much ed for giving us a way to enjoy this all together. Special thanks to Sharon too!

Jr

KingSix
04-01-2005, 08:25 PM
I panic when your down, even your emails dont go...lol

I need to get a life huh?

Thanks for all your efforts Ed!
I know the feeling I got freaked out too

Mitch90535im
04-01-2005, 08:51 PM
But the new server is faster now isn't it!
A little implementation pain, but it'll certainly be better in the long run.

Yes, response time is great.

willobmw
04-02-2005, 06:59 AM
Complaints. I didn't hear any complaints. Thanks for supporting the rest of us nuts.
Willo

Jon K
04-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Ed turboed the board....good job bud, I admire your ability for computer systems, and your passion for the Marque.

Thanks so much ed for giving us a way to enjoy this all together. Special thanks to Sharon too!

Jr

Nicely put Jr, but he's having fuel management issues.. hehe jk ed.