PDA

View Full Version : Minor crash, now have questions

PatrickPGH
02-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Hello,

On my way to work this morning I had to swerve to miss a deer and hit a pine tree. It was a young tree and the damage is confined to the front bumper and driver side fog light. Once I get the bumper off I'll be able to see if there is any structural damage.

Can someone post a diagram of the bumper assembly?

Anyone have experience on replacement?

Any ideas on cost for 95 5 series with the wide grill, the grill and headlight assembly are fine btw.

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll be coming back with more questions.

Patrick

AA540
02-20-2004, 09:10 AM
Bumper is about $300 plus paint job and etc. looking at about $500. I hit a chunk of ice in winter 2002, my bumper is cracked at the fog light. Not worth the $500 in my opinion, I would rather spend the money on maint. It is on my wish list. but i doubt i will replace it.

PatrickPGH
02-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Is that paint job on the bumper itself or on scratched/damaged body panels?

Thanks

Bumper is about $300 plus paint job and etc. looking at about $500. I hit a chunk of ice in winter 2002, my bumper is cracked at the fog light. Not worth the $500 in my opinion, I would rather spend the money on maint. It is on my wish list. but i doubt i will replace it.

AA540
02-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Bumpers come unpainted from the dealer or where ever you chose to purchase it from. The $300 was what I was quoted, that is just the bumper cover, which is one piece.

Hope that answered your question.

AA
95 540