PDA

View Full Version : BMW CCA Membership...is it worth it?

granit_silber
03-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Hey Guys,

How many of you are members of your local BMW CCA?

What are the pros/cons of joining?

All I can figure out is that I would get a magazine and be invited to meetings. I'm sure there are more benefits in memebership, what are they?
-ashley

Tut
03-29-2005, 11:40 AM
The magazine alone is worth the price. Great technical section with lots of interesting information. Also, great articles. Look at the BMW CCA website for other advantages.

Russell
03-29-2005, 11:43 AM
I get a 10% discount at my dealer and my independent repair shop. That and the magazine has been enough for me. Also there have been some local events in central KY that are fun and helpful. For Example the Bluegrass Chapter has held annual dent and paint repair repair events that have been quite helpful. Not to mention the sharing of common interests. They have a lot of social events

By the way my stock e34 was well recieved at a recent event that mostly e28 and e39 M5s as my car is in very good condition and well equipped.

Hey Guys,

All I can figure out is that I would get a magazine and be invited to meetings. I'm sure there are more benefits in memebership, what are they?
-ashley

billb
03-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey Guys,

-ashley

invited to help transfer the Susan G. Komen cars from Raleigh to Richmond, VA 2 years ago, with a free t-shirt
annual Club Race day at VIR, with parade laps at lunch
discounts at dealer on parts and service
free tech inspections for track days at a local indy due to being a CCA member
get to help put on Oktoberfest this fall!!!
a great monthly magazine
membership rewards if I ever (heaven forbid) buy a new or CPO BMW
a nifty window sticker :p

granit_silber
03-29-2005, 12:24 PM
sent you a PM.
-ashley

DaCan23
03-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Agree the mag is worth it alone.... I get 20% of stealer prices around here thats pays it off easily.... and if once in 10 yrs you bought a car from the stealer CPO or new... it would pay itself off many times over w/ the BMWNA rebate.

Member since 1998

liquidtiger720
03-29-2005, 04:47 PM
I love the club. like everybody else said, the magazines are worth $40 alone.

Jr ///M5
03-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Membership has its privledges, as a long time member of the BMWCCA, you will easily recoup the cost many times over with its benefits.
Last year I bought a CPO (certified pre-owned) 2001 E39 for my wife. Filled out a form from the BMWCCA and they sent us a check for $500. If you bought a new BMW, the rebate goes up to $1000-$1500, depending on the model you purchase. You have to be a member for at least a year to qualify.
One dealership sold ///M lighted shift knobs for $110, but if you were a BMWCCA member, the cost dropped to $65. These are only a couple examples of monetary benefits.
But like the others pointed out, the Roundel magazine is worth the $40 a year annual dues.
All your driving events offer discounts or won't even let you in the door unless your a member.
Go ahead, apply for membership, it will be one of the best investments you can make while you own your BMW, some people still carry their membership even if they don't own a BMW.

Jr

Rory
03-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey Guys,

-ashley
The other big thing that I did not see mentioned is a discount on BMWCCA Drivers Schools. Pays for your membership if you do only one school in a year.

Best,
Rory

Chip
03-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Billb-
Are you going up to the race? I should be there on Saturday with the wife and kids.
Let me know

invited to help transfer the Susan G. Komen cars from Raleigh to Richmond, VA 2 years ago, with a free t-shirt
annual Club Race day at VIR, with parade laps at lunch
discounts at dealer on parts and service
free tech inspections for track days at a local indy due to being a CCA member
get to help put on Oktoberfest this fall!!!
a great monthly magazine
membership rewards if I ever (heaven forbid) buy a new or CPO BMW
a nifty window sticker :p

granit_silber
03-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Hey Guys,

-ashley

Thanks guys!

Guess I'll be sending that check in.
-ashley

billb
03-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Billb-
Are you going up to the race? I should be there on Saturday with the wife and kids.
Let me know

Yep, sending in my registration tomorrow to spectate. We'll be there Saturday as well, either in the 525 or the 318is...not sure which yet! I'm doing the July driver's school on North Course, so I'd like to take the E30 to get the feel during parade laps...

Ted K
03-30-2005, 12:32 AM
I am a member. Ditto all the above. I enjoy all the tech sessions

willobmw
03-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Yep. I have gladly given my money for twenty straight years. The friends that I have made over the years is priceless. The car events and tech knowledge is icing on the cake.
Willo
1990 535i
1981 528i
1975 2002