PDA

View Full Version : Interior Lighting Prob/ Question...

Don McAdams
03-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Anyone know why (randomly) the interior lights will go on after the key is removed from the ignition (after driving w/ the headlights on).....

It is an awesome feature on the car, but only works every once in a while!

Bad relay? Something in the ignition from when the key is removed? LKM related!?

No big deal, but I'd like to see if I can fix whatever is letting it randomly work!

Thanks Guys-

PS- '95 525iT

Don McAdams
03-29-2005, 03:43 PM
;)

Anyone know why (randomly) the interior lights will go on after the key is removed from the ignition (after driving w/ the headlights on).....

It is an awesome feature on the car, but only works every once in a while!

Bad relay? Something in the ignition from when the key is removed? LKM related!?

No big deal, but I'd like to see if I can fix whatever is letting it randomly work!

Thanks Guys-

PS- '95 525iT

Tiger
03-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Sounds like aftermarket alarm system.

ewidjaja
04-07-2005, 08:18 AM
Nope... Mine does that too (530i M60 E34 '96).

Don't know why and so far not curious enough. But Don raise up my curiousity though....

Eri.

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
04-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Mine works every time but I always run the the headlight switch on (top postition), day and night. If you wait a few seconds too long before removing the key the lights don't come on.

Canadian E34s have a funky daytime running light feature that turns on the low beams and all of the running lights whenever the car is started if you leave the headlight switch in the off position. In this position you cannot use the high beams except to flash - moving the stalk forward doesn't work. Leaving the headlight switch on puts the low beams on automatically but allows proper use of the high beams.

Anthony

uscharalph
04-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Mine works every time with the switch in the forward position. I've had this car for a month and a half and it didn't work all the time. My guess is that the previous owner used the light inconsistently, because since I figured it out and was consitent, the lights started working all the time. I think I'm still going to pull out the lights & clean up the connections.