PDA

View Full Version : Leather restoration in NJ?

Mike
02-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Anyone know of a good place in NJ that would restore my front seats? My seats are worn and the leather is starting to discolor - no real cracks yet, but want to be preemptive. Im not too comfortable doing it myself...

Phil M
02-20-2004, 12:37 AM
here in lexington, ky. my mom does a lot of the repairing and repairs a lot down at the local dealerships on their trade-ins and etc. also repairs funiture, jackets, just about anything leather. she made the seats in my 540 look brand new. if you or anyone is ever in the area for a little while, I can get you a good deal on repair, recondtioning..

bahnstormer
02-20-2004, 12:41 AM
thanks phil, but a place in NJ would be even better =]
i too am looking
i found one place, atlas on rt 1 in edison, but hes freakin
expensive!

Mike
02-20-2004, 03:16 AM
RT1 edison? where's the place, Im close by and want to check it out.

Mike
02-20-2004, 03:18 AM
Phil, I would love to ship the seat to you - I wonder what would the 2 way shipping cost?

Mike
02-20-2004, 03:19 AM
There is a place in Linden NJ called tri-state leather, but the guy's an a$$hole and does not know what he's talking about :(

DrewZ
02-20-2004, 07:41 AM
Anyone know of a good place in NJ that would restore my front seats? My seats are worn and the leather is starting to discolor - no real cracks yet, but want to be preemptive. Im not too comfortable doing it myself...

MikeV
02-20-2004, 08:38 AM
I did my own - my seats were terrible when I got the car (PO had a dog, all the leather was scratched). I think I did everything wrong. It still came out very good - not as good as the 2nd time around would be, but I get compliments on the leather.

I'm in Freehold, if you ever want to stop by and take a look let me know.
I'll talk you into doing your own....

Mike
02-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Drew, parchment it is :)

Mike
02-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Mike V, I would love to see redone seats firsthand! Perhaps I could stop by sometime next week?

MikeV
02-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Mike V, I would love to see redone seats firsthand! Perhaps I could stop by sometime next week?

Sure. I'll be working on the cars most of the day Saturday if you want to stop by. Or pretty much any night next week is ok... email me and I'll give you directions.