PDA

View Full Version : Ed, regarding today's shutdown, is there ...

Javier
03-27-2005, 08:44 PM
something we can do (or we shouldn't do) to help smooth the forum and avoid shutdowns.

Don't know, my post was the last this morning and I feel kind of guilty.

Javier

632 Regal
03-27-2005, 09:01 PM
didnt you get the special tickets needed to post this morning?

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Nope, that was me today. I filled up the file system while making a backup, for the import to the new server. YES, NEW SERVER COMING SOON!

632 Regal
03-27-2005, 10:08 PM
I knew it had something to do with the upcomming events!!!

Thanks Ed!

Brian C.
03-27-2005, 11:09 PM
My first thought when I couldn't get my homepage......ahem, here......to start-up this morning, was that Ed had gone out and spent his first paycheck on "goodies" for the board. I know it's going to be an appreciated improvement.

So how's the job going? Sold anything yet?? I remember many moons ago when I was a salesman in a camera shop. It used to be fun to get people to spend their hard earned cash on things that I would suggest to them. The feeling of knowing that they were happy, they had new "toys" to play with, and I had made a sale and money for my company was great. Being able to talk people into buying things is an art that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Good Luck and thanks for running this great place for us all....

Brian C.

632 Regal
03-27-2005, 11:15 PM
It used to be fun to get people to spend their hard earned cash on things that I would suggest to them. Being able to talk people into buying things is an art that shouldn't be taken lightly.
Brian C.
Taken out of context indeed :D

It is an art to be able to help people along, amazing that it's an art but it is!

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Sold a couple, but they are not flying out the door for me. Got to go do the Car Sales thing right now! ttyl