PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Dinan??

KingSix
03-26-2005, 06:40 AM
I have been watching the boards off and on over the past few weeks looking for the mention of the Dinan name... Nothing as of yet .. I was just wondering what the general feeling was towards there parts .. I know they are pricey but from what I gather they are some of the best upgrades around for any Beemer ... what do you guys think ....

Derek A.
03-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Dinan stuff is probably the least harmful for any BMW. Currently any of the Dinan upgrades do not void the factory BMW warranty, this allows people to hop up their cars without risking a problem during the warranty period. I work for a Dinan dealer - the stuff that they sell is top notch - but it is real pricey.

We have a lot of cars that come into the shop for suspenion kits - see alot of people with internet receipes. What usually happens is that the cars rides like crap and the customer is asking for his original suspension to be reinstalled. Dinan has their struts and shock valved specifically for their calibrations. The cars do ride really well with the Dinan suspensions, while giving you better handling.

Like I said before - the stuff is good, but it aint cheap.

bahnstormer
03-26-2005, 11:31 AM
think of dinan as a neuspeed for bmw

very good parts, overprice, and not the best

Derek A.
03-26-2005, 01:08 PM
What's the best ??? Its all a matter of perspective and opinion.

bahnstormer
03-26-2005, 01:57 PM
the best is different companies
each company does something best

for ex i'd argue that eat's chips are the best
i'd then say RD sways are the best
then i'd say sachs suspension is the best
etc etc

to make it more clear i'd say u can almost always
find a product that performs better than dinan's
equivalant (equivilent?)

Jeff N.
03-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Dinan... nice stuff mostly. Expensive but likely because they actually test some of it. I think their suspension stuff is some of the best sorted out there. I have the stage one / bilstein setup on my car and I think it rides much better than any of the 10 or so other tweeked E34's I've ridden in.

I think there are better chips out their for the E34 than Dinan (had one at one point) such as the EAT or the Conforti.

KingSix
03-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Dinan... nice stuff mostly. Expensive but likely because they actually test some of it. I think their suspension stuff is some of the best sorted out there. I have the stage one / bilstein setup on my car and I think it rides much better than any of the 10 or so other tweeked E34's I've ridden in.

I think there are better chips out their for the E34 than Dinan (had one at one point) such as the EAT or the Conforti.

I'm gonna have to look into this EAT chip, it seems to be the cats ass on this board anyway

Derek A.
03-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Keep in mind that Dinan's m30 chip is probably dated. They are working on stuff for 05 BMW's not really concentrating on a 15 year old car. I am sure that there have been advances since then in tunning. Given the nature of Dinan - its probably a bit more on the conservative side.