PDA

View Full Version : Initial LCD install

Jon K
03-25-2005, 10:05 PM
yeah so i decided to make my car stand out more than other E34s. Instead of 2 LCDs up front, one in the headunit and one on the dash... i am molding the dash one (touchscreen) into the headunit area. yeah, its going to suck. yeah, i have a headache thinking about it. yeah, i am going to stick to it and get it done.

http://e34.digital7.com/Cars/lcd1.jpg

http://e34.digital7.com/Cars/lcd2.jpg

Pre-sanding... didn't sand anything yet. whatcha think so far.

TheDuke
03-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Really nice, are you putting a touch screen?

Jon K
03-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Really nice, are you putting a touch screen?

Yes it is a touch screen

Mobius
03-25-2005, 11:37 PM
Where are the HVAC controls going to go?

Jon K
03-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Where are the HVAC controls going to go?

That seems to be the question of the century. I have plans that make sense in my head... i will prob post pics tomorrow, until then i am going to go throw up at the thought of how much work it is.

infinity5
03-26-2005, 12:47 AM
haha, don't give up on such a cool idea. i was excited when you mentioned this not so long ago in another post, i can't wait to see the pics. are you sticking the HVAC stuff behind the shifter? or up higher? will the OBC stay in the same spot? What all does your car computer do?
where will your current head unit and its LCD screen go?

feel free to just ignore all those questions but like one. i'm just really interested.

That seems to be the question of the century. I have plans that make sense in my head... i will prob post pics tomorrow, until then i am going to go throw up at the thought of how much work it is.

Mobius
03-26-2005, 01:00 AM
That seems to be the question of the century. I have plans that make sense in my head... i will prob post pics tomorrow, until then i am going to go throw up at the thought of how much work it is.Ah. I see you've thought your cunning plan all the way through. :D

Ah; good luck with that. :)

Jon K
03-26-2005, 01:04 AM
haha, don't give up on such a cool idea. i was excited when you mentioned this not so long ago in another post, i can't wait to see the pics. are you sticking the HVAC stuff behind the shifter? or up higher? will the OBC stay in the same spot? What all does your car computer do?
where will your current head unit and its LCD screen go?

feel free to just ignore all those questions but like one. i'm just really interested.

So many questions! Haha I don't mind your curiousity! I want to leave it somewhat of a surprise more or less, for you, and myself. No I am making it more of mystery than it is, but it's going to be very difficult. OBC remains, HVAC remains... sort of... car computer controls MP3, GPS, DVD, wifi internet, cellular internet... you know

Paul in NZ
03-26-2005, 01:29 AM
just give you a though jon why dont you have your obc display on yout]r touch screen then you have room vertically for your hvav controls?

bondheli
03-26-2005, 07:17 AM
I would have gone with extra chunky penut butter myself...

bahnstormer
03-26-2005, 11:32 AM
jb weld that **** in there!

Jon K
03-26-2005, 11:52 AM
jb weld that **** in there!

the only thing jb weld is good for is gluing doors shut as jokes and fixing your gas tank

bahnstormer
03-26-2005, 02:00 PM
bahahaha that is one hella mean joke to glue a door shut =]

but yeah my gas tank leak has been leak free thanks to jb weld
for almost a year now - good ****

what did u use? some kind of epoxy/molding stuff?

Tiger
03-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Mmm... get rid of center vents or modify the one on the dash to do that center vent work... and stick the head unit and OBC up there instead. Push the HVAC controls downward to the gearshifter.

Jon K
03-27-2005, 01:33 AM
Mmm... get rid of center vents or modify the one on the dash to do that center vent work... and stick the head unit and OBC up there instead. Push the HVAC controls downward to the gearshifter.

Can't i have a gauge cluster going in front of shifter, no can do.. besides the sliders are a real complex unit.

New pics in another thread... check main page.