PDA

View Full Version : Leveling System Woes?

ron kirk
03-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey all, sorting my newly purchased 92' 535iM and I've got a new problem... After taking a "spirited" corner today I got a "Self Leveling Suspention" error/warning on the display. 2 minutes later it was gone. Then again, later today, under very similar circumstances, the same error that again disappeared. I have a Bentley's manual on the way but was wondering if anybody has experienced this before and what their solution was. Thanks for any input- looking forward to a weekend wrenching on the car!

granit_silber
03-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey all, sorting my newly purchased 92' 535iM and I've got a new problem... After taking a "spirited" corner today I got a "Self Leveling Suspention" error/warning on the display. 2 minutes later it was gone. Then again, later today, under very similar circumstances, the same error that again disappeared. I have a Bentley's manual on the way but was wondering if anybody has experienced this before and what their solution was. Thanks for any input- looking forward to a weekend wrenching on the car!

Hello!

I had the same thing happen on my 92 525ia. There's a "U" shaped bolt that acts as a stop for the system. When something on the damper hits it, the leveler is activated. My indy tightened the "U" thingy and I've had smooth sailing ever since.
-ashley