PDA

View Full Version : www.gruntsbushings.com - anyone using them here?

BigKriss
03-24-2005, 09:17 PM
These are popular in the e28 crowd.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=7542&highlight=polyurethane+bushings

I'm thinking of getting Lemforder arms from BMA of course, without bushings for the lower control arms and upper thrust arms, then pressing in the grunts bushings for both arms. I don't care for an increase in Road vechile harshness.

For the upper control arms, a lot board members say to use the M5 bushings or 750i bushings. Are the grunt's bushings superior? Will it be too rough? I know my ride already is pretty firm.

What do you guys think?

Regards

Kristian

KeithW '91 535i
03-26-2005, 03:14 AM
at 192K miles. Bought new Meyle upper and lower control arms, etc. The new upper thrust arms came with 750il bushings and I pressed 'em out and into the trash, pressed in new Grunt bushings. They are great. Also, just installed new Bilstein HDs all around. I like a firm ride, but not too harsh. The report on Grunts are very positive and I have not heard of any failures either. Also, they are easier to install, no pre-loading the suspension to worry about.
I think you will like them. I have has the 750 bushings and they fail too soon for my liking. I think the Grunts will last longer and Paul is good to buy from. Cheers.

KeithW '91 535i
03-26-2005, 03:15 AM
735il and I like them in that car as well.

BigKriss
03-26-2005, 06:09 AM
I'm going with them. AUS$170 delivered for both the lower control arms bushings and the upper thrust arm bushings.

KeithW '91 535i
03-26-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm going with them. AUS$170 delivered for both the lower control arms bushings and the upper thrust arm bushings.
to failure, so in my opinion, they are not really necessary and you can save some money there.