PDA

View Full Version : Stealth bulbs

everest
03-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Anyone checked out the stealth bulbs, or have them behind their clears? They are expensive as hell and I was wondering if they are actually worth the expense. I tried the high temp silver paint on orange bulbs, but hardly any light gets out them, so the blinkers are pretty dim. Any other way to avoid the egg yolk look on clears?

632 Regal
03-24-2005, 06:03 PM
just dust the bulbs with silver, if you coat them they wont emmit much light and will get hot enough to melt the housings.

bondheli
03-25-2005, 01:15 AM
High heat silver works perfect.

Boost Infection
03-25-2005, 01:20 AM
I have tried the stealth bulbs but did not like them plus the cost was insane. i went and got the orange bulbs and spray them with silver. Have you tried spraying the bulbs from far so you get a fine mist of silver coating on the bulbs? Worked for me

everest
03-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks. I will try that. I thought maybe I was doing it wrong.

Why didn't you like the stealth bulbs? Was it just the price, or were the bulbs you painted yourself actually better?

Boost Infection
03-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Mainly the price. The painted bulbs gave me the same effect for less cost.

DueyT
03-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Everest, I just gave a set of ambers a very light dusting of high-temp silver. There's still a wee bit of amber there, but you can't really tell from a bit further away, and the signals are very bright (better safe than fashionably dangerous ;) )

Cheers,
Duey

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Duey/540clearcorner.jpg

rockyfeller
03-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Dusting will do great. Don't lay it on thick...it'll make it dim...I did that and the results were a nice clear lens, but dim light. I was stupid enough to put it on thick and not letting em dry fully. The paint burned with the heat of the bulb...(DUH!) Well did it right the 2nd time with silver dusting with a new set.