PDA

View Full Version : Lambda Control #2

ronn227
03-24-2005, 01:24 PM
My car was stuttering on the highway. I came home and tried to restart it and it had a rough idle, then when I tried to take off, it died on me.
I read the fault code and it was "Lamda Control #2" which is Oxygen Sensor #2.

I did some research and found out this may be due to various things, such as:

1) Bad O2 sensor
2) Bad spark plugs
3) Intake Manifold Leak

I will change spark plugs and both O2 sensors but I wanted to know
how do you check for Intake Manifold Leak? any other suggestions?

Jon K
03-24-2005, 01:31 PM
My car was stuttering on the highway. I came home and tried to restart it and it had a rough idle, then when I tried to take off, it died on me.
I read the fault code and it was "Lamda Control #2" which is Oxygen Sensor #2.

I did some research and found out this may be due to various things, such as:

1) Bad O2 sensor
2) Bad spark plugs
3) Intake Manifold Leak

I will change spark plugs and both O2 sensors but I wanted to know
how do you check for Intake Manifold Leak? any other suggestions?

Quick an easy vacuum leak is to pop the oil cap, the idle should change a little bit. If that doesnt work you can go and get throttle bottle cleaner spray and start spraying cracks where gaskets meet, if you find a leak, the fluid will be ingested and the RPM will change.

ronn227
03-24-2005, 01:34 PM
what spray should i use to check hoses? A non-flamable spray like electronic cleaner? Or something with Ether, like starter fluid. I read in an archive that the ether will change the rpm's if ingested.

Jon K
03-24-2005, 01:37 PM
what spray should i use to check hoses? A non-flamable spray like electronic cleaner? Or something with Ether, like starter fluid. I read in an archive that the ether will change the rpm's if ingested.

You could use starter fluid, I use TB cleaner. Try not to soak hoses, it can't be good for them. Just be careful. I have a boost/vacuum gauge so its easy to tell if im leaky.

ronn227
03-24-2005, 01:48 PM
what's TB cleaner? Would the RPM's increase with any spray?

Because spraying Ether (Flammable) on the hoses seems a bit risky. I'd feel safer spraying something non-flammable like electronic cleaner, but would electronic cleaner make the rpm's rise if a leak was found?

ronn227
03-25-2005, 11:12 AM
anyone?