PDA

View Full Version : Angel eyes- Someone help an Aussie

Nick.Hay
03-24-2005, 05:17 AM
Ok Guys and Girls,

I am after reviews (good/bad/otherwise) of the DEPO type Angel Eye kit...

I am in Australia, and as far as I know, these kits aren't available here. So I will have to import them from UK or US.

I need lots of information to be able to do my homework on these kits. It'll cost a pretty penny to get them to Australia, so I don't want to make any mistakes!!

Who has these fitted to their E34??

Are you happy with them??

Easy to fit??

Do you know if spare parts are available??

Are the rings moulded into the glass lenses??

Can I use my H1 halogen globes for main and high beams??

Any error messages arising from installing them??

Do the headlight adjustment motors work with the kit??

Any other info that I should know??

Also, any Aussies on this forum; If you are contemplating buying a kit, let me know, as we may be able to get a bulk buying deal!!! :D :p

Any information you guys can offer, will be greatly appreciated!!

Paul in NZ
03-24-2005, 05:29 AM
we can get depo stuff here nick.....surely you get it there too.I have a bmw aquaintance who may be in a position to help,prolly easier in our cars (vs the US cars),as the angel eyes replace the in lens park lights.....

everest
03-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Nick, I can't answer all your questions, but I'll tell you what I can. You saw my earlier posts about installing them without cutting your cars wiring. I think that is a great option, and everything is working fine for me.

Putting them in took some time, probably a lot more time for me since I'm an amateur. All told, it was about 4 hours to remove the grill, install the sets, put everything back together, and then wire everything. But I did put plastic tubing around all the wires for both the beams and the angels and taped everything real good.

Make sure when you order them, they give you the yellow connectors to attach the low beam/high beam to your car's headlight plugs.

I'm not sure if you crack a lens that you can actually just replace the lens (I'm guessing not), thus I put some 3M lens shields on and am hoping for the best.

I've had no error messages.

I don't have headlight adjusting motors, but geez I wish I did because I've had a heck of a time adjusting the beams, mostly because I can't find a good place with a wall 25 feet away on a flat surface.

I'm using H1 bulbs - not sure what the difference is between a bulb and a globe. If you decide to get them, feel free to ask me for any information along the way in installing them.

bahnstormer
03-24-2005, 12:15 PM
i love em and i'll help u import them if u want...
i can buy em in the states and ship em to ya
if u want?

Paul in NZ
03-24-2005, 05:47 PM
i can buy em in the states and ship em to ya
if u want?

he needs rhd ones,great idea tho,typical of this board ;)

shogun
03-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Usually the headlights can be adjusted to RHD and LHD. Just loosen 2 screws at the back and turn the headlights by about 20 mm. Usually mentioned in all owners manuals in Europe, as they need to be adjusted when driving from the continent to the U.K.
Done in 5 minutes.

Paul in NZ
03-26-2005, 04:59 AM
yes i have seen that but i imagined it to be a acceptable pattern rather than ideal....

bahnstormer
03-26-2005, 11:35 AM
well the euro lights look like this

_/ _/ < that is the pattern they throw

i'm guessing u'd need \_ \_ that?

u can always get in touch with a seller and see if they have em?

maybe they can be rotated/turned inside the housings?

Nick.Hay
03-26-2005, 11:05 PM
I will have to look into whether turning the lens will work...

Like I said... These are the little things I need to know about.

Thanks Bahnstormer, if it eventuates, I may have to take you up on your offer.

:)

Paul in NZ
03-27-2005, 03:47 AM
nick i can check with my guy if he can get rhd angel eyes if you want....

arros
04-10-2005, 04:56 AM
Hey Nick,

Sorry semi off the topic and apologies for not having any answers to offer but just wondered if you could tell me about your lights. I like the blue globes. Please what is the 5000K headlight bit: sounds bright- what globes do you use and is there a significant (tangible) increase in light on the road? I've bought white leds (cluster of 6 leds in each bulb) for front park lights (also E34 535) but they do not fit through hole at the back of headlight housing- did yours fit directly? Cheers

shogun
04-10-2005, 05:22 AM
and as far as I know they are the from same supplier as the DEPO ones.
http://www.fmw-onlineshop.de/example/in3624+ne+1.jpg
Here ( below picture) on the right side you can see the low beam, and there are on the backside 2 of the 3 screws shown/seen which are in slots, this is the adjustment for right or left and drive.
Look at you existing lights, they probably have the same function. U.K. and other EU country owners manuals even have the instructions inside what to do when driving to another country, such as from France to U.K.
http://www.fmw-onlineshop.de/example/in3624+ne+2.jpg
http://www.fmw-onlineshop.de/example/in3624+ne+3.jpg

And read this

click (http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe327351988manual/small50/page088.jpg)