PDA

View Full Version : best rotors for 95 525i??

Russell
03-23-2005, 08:08 PM
About time to replace rotors and pads on my 95 525i. Plan to use Raybestos QS pads for reduced dust etc. However, unsure on what brand and/or source of rotors to buy. I am looking for stock performance and not slotted or drilled rotors. TIA

western99
03-23-2005, 09:14 PM
My 95 set up is ATE Rotors with Pagip pads. Works woderfully. Stops on a dime. Cost is very reasonable as well. Email me if you would like more details. The feel is very OEM.

Brian

pundit
03-24-2005, 01:28 AM
About time to replace rotors and pads on my 95 525i. Plan to use Raybestos QS pads for reduced dust etc. However, unsure on what brand and/or source of rotors to buy. I am looking for stock performance and not slotted or drilled rotors. TIA
ATE are the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for BMW. I purchased ATE rotors about two months ago. Same rotors as you would get from the BMW stealer but at less than half the cost! :)

Jon K
03-24-2005, 10:42 AM
ATE are the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for BMW. I purchased ATE rotors about two months ago. Same rotors as you would get from the BMW stealer but at less than half the cost! :)

No, ATE WAS the OEM for BMW... now they are Balo i believe.

pundit
03-24-2005, 03:59 PM
No, ATE WAS the OEM for BMW... now they are Balo i believe.
When did they change? I thought ATE would have been the OEM supplier during the time of the E34? :)

Tiger
03-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Any brand will do. Makes no difference except your pocket for standard rotors.

Jon K
03-24-2005, 04:52 PM
When did they change? I thought ATE would have been the OEM supplier during the time of the E34? :)

Pretty sure they changed when ATE moved their company from Germany to Spain... and then everyone started warping ATE rotors...

Beemr750
03-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Ate is still in Germany and owned by Continental Tire Co.They are the biggest in Europe for brakes.
Since you use QS's get Raybestos rotors very reasonable along with pads.

Russell
03-25-2005, 08:38 AM
I may go with ATE or Brembo rotors from BMA.

Anyone have experience with ceramic pads making noise or Minex low dust pads?

Where is the cheapest place to buy Raybestos QS?

Do you need new pad clips and and anti-squeak compound etc.?

Any special tools needed? I have hex wrenches and sockets etc. TIA

Beemr750
03-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Raybestos are sold at PEP Boys.

Bill R.
03-25-2005, 09:56 AM
buck the balo and ate are the best around.. Raybestos qs can be purchased at pepboys as listed below and at partsamerica.com which is really checker/kragen/advance auto parts depending on where you live.

I may go with ATE or Brembo rotors from BMA.

Anyone have experience with ceramic pads making noise or Minex low dust pads?

Where is the cheapest place to buy Raybestos QS?

Do you need new pad clips and and anti-squeak compound etc.?

Any special tools needed? I have hex wrenches and sockets etc. TIA

Russell
03-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Nearest Pepboys is about 1.5 hours away in Louisville, KY

buck the balo and ate are the best around.. Raybestos qs can be purchased at pepboys as listed below and at partsamerica.com which is really checker/kragen/advance auto parts depending on where you live.