PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for fiberglass!

Jon K
03-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Ordered a mock up of my 7" widescreen touchscreen housing... getting ready to go all-out and glass it in the center dash! It's so conveniently the perfect size to be glassed in the 1 DIN area!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/andreak/headunit4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/andreak/headunit.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/andreak/headunit2.jpg

bahnstormer
03-22-2005, 10:35 PM
whaaaa?!
blower controls?

Beez540
03-22-2005, 10:50 PM
whaaaa?!
blower controls?

word... I gotta see where this goes.

digitaldragon03
03-22-2005, 11:00 PM
What a great mod, i wish i could afford that.

Rory535i
03-23-2005, 12:20 AM
yeah where u gonna put the blower controls? great idea, can't wait to see the results.

Jon K
03-23-2005, 12:57 AM
yeah where u gonna put the blower controls? great idea, can't wait to see the results.

The sliders are going to be all turned to the "ON" position and the sliding levers deleted and pushed back... no adjustability as of yet, thought about some servos and such but its not worth it, with the microfilter clean and all vents enabled it flows just fine.

The semi confusing part is this...

I am deleting the drivers side temp control. Rather, I am deleting the position. I am replacing the passeners side temp control with the drivers side knob and hookup (essentially relocating) and leaving the passengers unhooked. This will give me the ability to over ride the temp by putting the switch to the CLICK positions on hot and cold, since those positions over ride the passenger zone temp gauge. The blower dial will remain standard.

Rory535i
03-23-2005, 01:03 AM
could you not have spunked the extra cash on a pop up screen or is it just the fact that the free standing screens are so much cheaper? dunno if i'd wanna modify my blower controls like that but each to their own! hope it works out the way you have planned, no doubt it'll look impressive when it's finished. :)

Jon K
03-23-2005, 01:06 AM
could you not have spunked the extra cash on a pop up screen or is it just the fact that the free standing screens are so much cheaper? dunno if i'd wanna modify my blower controls like that but each to their own! hope it works out the way you have planned, no doubt it'll look impressive when it's finished. :)

I have a pop up screen...

this is a touch screen...

they don't make pop-up VGA touch screens...

Rory535i
03-23-2005, 01:09 AM
I have a pop up screen...

this is a touch screen...

they don't make pop-up VGA touch screens...

ah right cool, didnt notice it was a pop up. looks like alpine, would i be right? well in that case ur well ahead of the game! i'm just jealous now! :p

Jon K
03-23-2005, 01:18 AM
ah right cool, didnt notice it was a pop up. looks like alpine, would i be right? well in that case ur well ahead of the game! i'm just jealous now! :p

Yeah right now my car looks like

http://e34.digital7.com/Cars/interior1a.jpg

Yes, Alpine

Rory535i
03-23-2005, 01:27 AM
looks like mission control! u sure about touch screen pop ups? my mate has a pioneer one in his E46 320i soft top and his E36. what u gonna do with the alpine unit then once the other screen is in place? (sorry if i'm pestering you, i'm just interested!)

Jon K
03-23-2005, 01:30 AM
looks like mission control! u sure about touch screen pop ups? my mate has a pioneer one in his E46 320i soft top and his E36. what u gonna do with the alpine unit then once the other screen is in place?

They make touch screen pop ups... but my setup isn't conventional. My touchscreen is hooked up to a custom fabricated computer. The brand name touch screens are self-contained units... I need one with USB and VGA output (much higher resolution) because it interfaces and controls my computer through a custom front-end

Rory535i
03-23-2005, 01:31 AM
They make touch screen pop ups... but my setup isn't conventional. My touchscreen is hooked up to a custom fabricated computer

right ok, yeah i remember seeing a post about that. cool.