PDA

View Full Version : What to do about Trailblazers...and V1

Brandon J
02-19-2004, 03:53 PM
OK, so this isn't WAY OT so I thought it would be appropriate here. It has been discussed before, but do others have their V1 radar detector go off when behind or close to a Trailblazer? Mine does. On the Valentine website there is a page of programming instructions for the V1. You can change the sensitivity and many other options. Has anyone tried it. I am a little hesitant, but it looks like a great idea to match the V1 to my area (and to Trailblazers)

AllanS
02-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Ya know, I've had that problem before, but I never thought that it was something common to all V1s. When you say programming features, do you mean the advanced modes, or something more involved? When I run it in the second advanced mode (small L) I don't get as many false readings like before.

Brandon J
02-19-2004, 04:52 PM
There are actually many options that we can change in the V1. Even fot the 3 different modes, the sensitivity is set in the middle. We can alter that and other options. Look Here: http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

AllanS
02-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Whoa, good stuff there. One thing that I've always wanted to do is disable xband since all the sherriffs and state troopers use ka or laser around here. X is only alarm systems- I get about 6-8 different hits when I pass a parking area near a train station.

kiNGMak
02-19-2004, 11:43 PM
I have seen on different boards this problem.. something to do with either their rear-sensors or something.. it is common with V1's

Deke NorCal
02-20-2004, 01:39 AM
Which version of V1 are you guys using? I have the newest version bought it 2 months ago and having heard this on another thread was watching for it but mine doesnt seem to be affected? Although the other day I had a laser warning beep which is totally different than the other tones and kinda freaked me out.. but no cops around??

sorry a bit ot
cheers,
Deke