PDA

View Full Version : E-Bay listing in Australia - E34 540i 6 speed

BigKriss
03-20-2005, 01:08 AM
E-Bay listing;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=84599&item=4536131535&rd=1
In Australia, a nice e34 540i with a 6 speed getrag. Looks very clean.

The buyer says though, he's selling this car to buy the same model car, just with less miles on it (200,000kms comared to 100,000kms).

This admission sounds a bit dodgy, because (leaving money out of the equation) I cannot personally picture myself buying another e34 535i for myself unless I knew something really big / expensive had to be done to the car. Maybe just me being naive?

Regards

Kristian

Paul in NZ
03-20-2005, 02:51 AM
hmm must find out if the one here has the silver plate.We didnt get them here officially but i know where one is.....

DueyT
03-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Kristian, I would have been more wary until I read that he's selling #19/70 because he also has #62/70......and the Mrs. won't let him keep two. :D

He seems quite straight up, and fits the Bimmer-nut mold quite well...acquiring two of the most limited production cars in all of Australia!

I don't even want to mention the N-word, and I don't think that's a factor here, but you might ask if it had an engine block replacement if you're serious about taking a look at the beast. (Aside...might be a good reason to buy an S62 and drop it in! ;) )

Nice car!

Cheers,
Duey

Paul in NZ
03-20-2005, 02:44 PM
apparently (according to my dealer) we didnt have nikasil problems in Australasia

Nick.Hay
03-20-2005, 09:51 PM
The car is in Tassie, where I live.

I have seen the car in person, and it is absolutely mint. I don't know the seller personally, but I have been emailing him bits and pieces since I saw the car listed on eBay.

He is indeed an E34 nut (as am I), and will be joining Tasmanian chapter of BMW Car Club Victoria soon. He is keen to catch up with me at some time, but we are at different ends of the state (about 350km away).

I am not sure regarding the "N-factor", but the car is very, very nice, and the owner does seem genuine. I don't thing the eventual buyer would be dissappointed in the slightest!!

95-540iLE
03-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Guys, I am the owner of #19 of the 70 540iLE's in Australia and have posted on here in the past.

There is indeed, nothing known to be wrong with #19, other than, potentially, a need for a new clutch in the relatively near future.

As Nick has mentioned, I am an E34 nut. I would like nothing better than to keep both cars, but, seriously, my wife would leave me if I did. If I had one car worth the same as these 2 combined, she wouldn't care, but 2 cars is just plain unnecessary!! I have even thought about putting one in the Automobile museum in Launceston and keeping both, but deception always seems to be found out!

As a wholly unique car in Australia, my full intention is to keep an LE for the long-term. I was planning to do this with #19, but when the opportunity came to purchase #62 (which was located on the West Coast of Australia) at a price about $10k less than what it would probably cost in the major Australian population centres on the East Coast, I jumped at the chance.

I know the car as I am good friends of the nephew of its original owner in Perth (who I met at my friends wedding in Perth last January). I bought it off the second owner who was looking for a quick and clean sale after buying an E39 M5.

As a keeper, a very well kept car with 100,000kms (60,000miles) is a far better option in my book than an immaculately kept car with 200,000kms. I do have some concerns, because a lot of expensive things like the EDCIII struts, gearbox etc have been sorted in #19, but still ahead of me in #62.

I have actually bought #62 sight unseen and am looking forward to collecting it from Melbourne next week.

Incidentally, both #19 and #62 are individually numbered and have a plaque under the handbrake noting their number.

#19 is now sold (at a price not too far below the pp of #62) and as noted by Nick, I am sure that the new owner will be very happy with his purchase.

Kind regards
David

95-540iLE
03-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Paul

As noted in my post below, I am an E34 nut, but even more so when it comes to the LE's.

As a result, I set up a Yahoo group website on them about 18 months ago, one of the stated purposes of which is to try to track down all 70 of the LE's. So far, I have details of 29 of them and pics on the site of 27 of those 29.

If you are aware of a genuine 540iLE in NZ, I would be very interested in finding out more about it - particularly, its LE #, or its VIN. With either of those, I should be able to tell you its exterior and interior colour combination.

If you can't find this out, any details like its colour etc would be appreciated. If you can get pics or put the owner in touch with me, it would be even better.

Website details below.

Kind regards
David
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/BMW540iLE/

hmm must find out if the one here has the silver plate.We didnt get them here officially but i know where one is.....

Kalevera
03-21-2005, 12:15 PM
rwaaar....sweet, dudes!

I used to live in hobart....IN Sandy Bay rd. Went to school there in the late '90s. Great place!!

And, one of my all time favorite parts of the world is the beaches in Strahan. What a kickass place!

Too bad I didn't drive back then...you guys got some mean twisties, from what I recall, down there :)

best, whit