PDA

View Full Version : e34 touring glass question

GM525
03-19-2005, 03:48 PM
Hello
My 93 525 touring (rhd) has 2 parallel strips, just like an heater element but only on the left hand rear quarter glass.
I`ve had the car 5 months and only just noticed when cleaning the glass!
It doesnt appear to demist. wondered if the right side has this also, but the glass has been replaced at some point.
Any ideas???

Elekta
03-19-2005, 04:25 PM
FM antenna.

Open your cd changer compartment door in the back and you'll see some wires, and maybe the actual antenna cable from your radio.

let's see some pics of your touring.

GM525
03-20-2005, 06:19 AM
Cant see no aerial wiring, just the lights and towbar wires. Mine dosnt have a cd changer, just single slot player in dash. When I bought it someone decided to put a cd changer under the passenger seat, where the first aid kit goes- needless to say, I ripped it out and got first aid kit off Ebay!
Anyways, i dont have many pics but here goes....

Don McAdams
03-20-2005, 09:21 AM
FWIR on mine, it is the antenna wiring in the rear quarter glass. Looks like you have a roof mounted antenna (like the E30 M3's have)- is that fuctional? Nice to see another Touring owner on the board :) Is your car Calypso Red? Where are you from?

Take Care~

http://members.aol.com/e30m3therealm3/e34park.jpg

GM525
03-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Cheers Don!
Yes its calypso red. As for the roof aerial, I thought they were standard. Maybe it was a retrofit if the glass ant broken.
Great pic of your car - would love them wheels on mine -what size??
I think its important to try to keep these cars original.
I am from England UK