PDA

View Full Version : Front Brembo rotors on ebay

RayC.
03-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Anyone ever purchase the Front Brembo brake rotors from eeuroparts on ebay? It seems like a pretty good deal at $69 for the pair. Just wondering if it was a bait and switch situation (knock-off) or real Brembo rotors.

TIA,

-Ray
94 525ia

motuman
03-18-2005, 05:04 PM
If you want to be sure you are getting the real deal, Steve Haygood (www.stevehaygood.com) just quoted me $42 ea. for the Brembo's. I have found his shipping to be low, or included in the price, in past transactions. I don't know if this quote included shipping or not.

Scott C
03-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Anyone ever purchase the Front Brembo brake rotors from eeuroparts on ebay? It seems like a pretty good deal at $69 for the pair. Just wondering if it was a bait and switch situation (knock-off) or real Brembo rotors.

TIA,

-Ray
94 525ia

I did get a set but haven't even looked at them yet - will this weekend. 69$ was hard to turn away from.
Scott

Kalevera
03-18-2005, 07:32 PM
I would stay away from 'eeuroparts'. I've done business with them before and regret it: ultimately, I never received everything that I ordered. They shipped about 50% of what was billed/ordered. A few of unreturned phone calls and emails later, I had to go to PayPal to get my money back.

Best, whit

TheDuke
03-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Are those the guys in Lowell MA? If yes, I picked them up personally(paid in cash). The guy seems to be honest. I have all 4 brembos installed since November and they perform really good so far.

632 Regal
03-18-2005, 09:10 PM
whats the difference in rotor brands? brembo, bailo etc etc

infinity5
03-18-2005, 09:33 PM
I second that question. gotta buy rotors here soon and i'd be nice to have an idea of what to get. heh, despite the pages of brake pad discussion i still have no idea as far as though go, so maybe rotors will be clearer.

whats the difference in rotor brands? brembo, bailo etc etc

DanDombrowski
03-18-2005, 11:12 PM
Nothing, I think. When I did some research on the Brembo's vs. Powerslots vs. Girlling rotors for Daddy's Eclipse, I found out that they were all made by the same company called Bando, or Bendo, or Bondo or saomething like that. I can't remember, and I'm drunk on top of that. No sex since I'm out of town on business os I thought I'd check the board.

Kalevera
03-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Balo? :)

Yeah, I think brembo = balo in terms of quality...BMA seems to interchange them. Both are fine...just fine.

TheDuke
03-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Unless u go to a race track the only difference is in price and looks. That is what I've noticed after getting Brembos. The right brake pads make all the difference.

632 Regal
03-19-2005, 06:33 PM
they have the same rotor from 50 something bux to over 100 bux, mattering on brand...there has to be "some" difference I'd think.

John in CT
03-20-2005, 01:40 AM
They are in Danielson, CT, NE corner of the state, great guys but a little hard to get on the 'phone, great prices free shipping, not too much E34 stuff however.

Scott C
03-20-2005, 03:27 PM
They are in Danielson, CT, NE corner of the state, great guys but a little hard to get on the 'phone, great prices free shipping, not too much E34 stuff however.

Just opened mine up (had them a week). The rotors look absolutely fine and include the needed bolt. I haven't put them on yet so stay tuned, I think they will be okay.