PDA

View Full Version : Is this an un-syncronized lock?

wareagle72
03-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Passenger lock does not go down when i press the "lock" function on the remote. If i manually push the passenger side down before getting out and then press "lock" on the remote (once i am out of the car), all the other locks will go down. Then if I press the unlock/lock again, the passenger side will work (lock and unlock).

Sorry that was so confusing.

wareagle72
03-18-2005, 03:33 PM
By the way. The car for the above post is a 95 540i

Kalevera
03-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Those actuators will synch automatically, I believe.

Forget the remote for a second...what happens when you un/lock the car from the driver's side cylinder?

wareagle72
03-18-2005, 04:28 PM
If i push/pull the cylinder from the driver's side , the passenger side cylinder will lock/unlock accordingly.

Javier
03-18-2005, 04:36 PM
try an unlock command and observe knob. Does it shakes? Yes? Try a couple more unlocks, and then try to lock, if succeed, you had an uncompleted travel of the actuator, probably some lube to the whole door lock mechanism will fix it (also, handling it will reseat for weak contacts on the electric plugs). No? Pull up by hand a little bit and try to lock, not yet? Execise it a little bit by hand, down-up-down-up ..., if succeed, you have an issue at the Limit switch inside the actuator, responsible for re-connecting the motor for lock operation (or for unlock operation at downwards travel end).

Unfortunately, actuators are like girls, mysterious and incomprehensible. Hard to know exactly what is goin on.

Javier

Javier
03-18-2005, 04:43 PM
at the rest of your locks immediately after the passenger side lock refuses to go down?

Javier