PDA

View Full Version : eBay M5 - 31630 miles!

bahnstormer
03-18-2005, 03:08 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6131&item=4536681443&rd=1

that's just silly...

i am gonna say 27-28 grand

Kalevera
03-18-2005, 03:22 PM
...shiggity shiggity shwaaaa

Edit: I don't think the market will support 25k+ I'm betting $21k...

Brian C.
03-18-2005, 03:24 PM
:d

Me Edit too: I'm sayin' $19k.

Jason
03-18-2005, 04:18 PM
high teens low 20s and the all have more mileage than that car. It seems to be well maintained too.

danzee
03-18-2005, 05:03 PM
OK, so who here's gonna bid on it?

Jose
03-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Tight, very tight car but more than 20 G´s ? Don' t think so, there are too many M5' s out there making it less exclusive. Wish I could put out the money though.

KingSix
03-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I am seriously considering it ... it checks out on carfax....6 reports and they are all registrations, in the same town... could be a nice find ...wondering why somebody would buy an ///M5 then not drive it ??? Thats like dating a super model without closing the deal...POINTLESS ...

bahnstormer
03-18-2005, 05:16 PM
they said in the desc that it was used for sunday drives and short jaunts to
the office...

that hurts it b/c in a short trip it may not have warmed up fully...

also such low miles aren't always a good idea..

if i drive out there to test drive it i'll let u guys know...

ps - i HATE the wheels

Jr ///M5
03-18-2005, 05:23 PM
The car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. It's clear that the car is definately low mileage. It's doubtful any person buying it would use it for a daily driver and trash it out. And if someone wanted a cherry, that would be it.

My guesstimate is 23,500-25,900.....that's what it's worth. But someone that REALLY WANTED a very low mileage M5 could easily pay more. Just remember, money don't care who owns it, and there are plenty of people out there with lots of it. My other guess is the guy who owns it is just "trolling"....

Jr

Jose
03-18-2005, 05:24 PM
You' ll love the wheels when driving over 130 mph and hitting the brakes for a full stop and be greatfull for the enormous cooling effect of this " turbine" designed wheels reducing fading to almost nill.. I should know, had them on my 89 M5 before trashing into two trees.

pmlmotorsports
03-18-2005, 06:08 PM
23,600 give or take, I guess it all depends on the amount of competition, and the reserve. Sometimes these meticulous owners think their car is worth $5,000 over book. Whatever it goes for, somebody is gonna be happy as a pig in sh_t

Garlic Breath
03-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Maybe I'll ask the wife to go get a job and I can go buy this....that would fly over like lead balloon.

George M
03-18-2005, 07:04 PM
A beautiful and very rare car. Just goes to show they are out there. A guy by the name of ///M Blitz owns several low mileage M cars...has an amazing collection including a very rare Dinan prepped 750iL E-32 that he personally picked up in Germany. He also has a Z8...what a car.
On this example, one has to wonder if the seals are dry on a 14 year old car with such limited use.
Trying not to bid...but I am watching it...hehe.
George

Jr ///M5
03-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Aww, com'on George, bid, bid, bid!.....Sure would like to see you driving up for the E34 picnic in that thing!

How's the search going? Any ideas yet? For some reason, I sure like the 330i convertibles...not real fond of the '05 E90.

Good to see you around!
Jr

Kalevera
03-18-2005, 07:55 PM
...Upon closer inspection of the pics:

Notice how the vinyl on the one rear door panel is coming unglued? Perhaps that's the reason why this picture was included, but I agree with Bahn and others on this one: I'd be worried that, given the characteristics of the limited use it received, there would be some issues to consider if the car were to be driven a couple of times a week.

While I agree that there are people out there who will pay anything for this car, I believe any reasonable buyer would consider it this way: This is a 14 year old car and the $25k+ is only a few thou away from a newer e39 M5. Without getting into the merits of one model versus the other, I think most reasonable buyers (read: NOT collectors/serious enthusiasts) would rather buy the latter for this kind of money. Hence I think it'll make the reserve if it's around $20k and then a few people will duke it out a bit and be done with it. Hopefully, the seller doesn't get a deadbeat...

best, whit

Brian C.
03-18-2005, 08:12 PM
....thou in difference with the E39. They are still holding their value well.

But if you look at it as ~$25k for a beast like that, orrrrrrrr......~$25k for a brand spankin' new loaded Toyota Camry. Now THERE'S a choice, huh?

I wonder how a car like that would do on the Barrett-Jackson auction block? The Palm Beach Edition is coming up the 1st weekend in April and I hope to go and salivate a lot. They do hit the sellers up with a pretty good "Seller's Premium" so maybe it wouldn't be worth the effort. Still.....there are always tons of '60s and '70s muscle cars, and if that baby isn't in that catagory, I don't know what the requirements could be! I guess you'd call it a "Future Muscle Car". :D A Bee-youuu-teeeee!

Brian C.

While I agree that there are people out there who will pay anything for this car, I believe any reasonable buyer would consider it this way: This is a 14 year old car and the $25k+ is only a few thou away from a newer e39 M5. Without getting into the merits of one model versus the other, I think most reasonable buyers (read: NOT collectors/serious enthusiasts) would rather buy the latter for this kind of money.

Paul in NZ
03-18-2005, 08:24 PM
he didnt say short commutes he said quick.....Its been stored in a heated garage.......you can change the wheel covers to t stars........It will prolly be the lowest mileage e 34 m5 available wouldnt it....surely if you want an e 34M5 this would have to be the one......pity it aint black on black and rhd :(

George M
03-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Hi Jr,
If I get another Bimmer...don't know what else I would get for another car...will likely be an E-46 coupe 5-speed...a couple years old and low miles. Engine not a big deal...maybe a 325 or 328. Can get a pretty good deal on one....for maybe the same cabbage as that M5 will go for. Of course it won't have the cache either :p Not looking real hard...may get the bug in the spring. Snowed again in Michigan today. Hope all is well.
George
Been playin' with other gears lately...made by Campagnolo...trying some of that Italian stuff:

http://members.roadfly.com/georgemann/Campy.jpg

Jr ///M5
03-18-2005, 09:32 PM
What's that bike weigh? 'bout 9 oz.? You need to lower it....=)

That is one fuel conservative machine! Bikes have come a LONG way in the past 10 years. I'm wondering when they will come up with a superlite variable belt drive? Now that would be smooth!

You know the kind of bike I have a love affair for....so I'll expect you to talk some sense into me come summer when the "fever" hits...

Take care my friend,
Jr

632 Regal
03-18-2005, 10:58 PM
so much for my 10 grand E34 theory huh?

George M
03-18-2005, 11:22 PM
bike is a Bianchi Veloce and weighs right around 20 lbs with 30 speeds. Remember your old 10 speed?...this bike has 10 speeds on the rear cassette...lol. As to any mods?...out of the question. I look at this thing which is a work of Italian art really, and I wouldn't change a thing...well maybe a carbon fiber seat post. In top gear which has a 4:1 ratio, at 100 RPM cadence (at the crank) I can go 32.0 mph...lol.
Not as fast as a Bimmer but pretty fast for a bike trail. Cycling is very big in Europe and Bianchi is one of the most heralded names with 120 year tradition...admit I have caught the bug. I love being out in the fresh air by the lake cruising around. Know what you mean about the other bikes. I too really like motorcycles and am using all my will power to resist buying one.
I like 'em all...from the super sleek Beamers to Harleys and the fairing clad rice rockets.
Would love a 1000cc rice rocket actually...though John Borella suggests an Italian motorcycle...they are all good.
Let us know what you get Jr :-)
George

winfred
03-19-2005, 12:02 AM
if it was a automatic i would be worried about that but besides a half dozen old seals, fuel system parts and possible rotten exhaust there aint much that aint going to handle sitting, and if it was warmed up a few times a month those may not be big issues anyway, if i had the cash id buy it, service it and drive the hell outta it and not think twice about putting miles on it, what's it going to do melt?

Jr ///M5
03-19-2005, 11:39 PM
"service it and drive the hell outta it"

You'd drive the hell outta anything!!! =) he,he,he

winfred
03-20-2005, 12:00 AM
and why not?

callen
03-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Considering a POS econobox will cost $25K why not buy this and enjoy it. Even for $30K it's a great deal...what else can you buy to give you the performance, exclusivity and just a beutiful car for the price. People are buying Pick ups and SUV's for more.

George M
03-21-2005, 02:04 PM
lots of used XJ12's in the paper for $15K too. Wonder why people pay thirty grand for a new car of lesser quality? Couldn't be the warranty and cost of maintenance could it?
George

winfred
03-21-2005, 10:36 PM
i could never get past the idea of the new car being worth 3-5000k less the instant you sign the paperwork, piss on that

lots of used XJ12's in the paper for $15K too. Wonder why people pay thirty grand for a new car of lesser quality? Couldn't be the warranty and cost of maintenance could it?
George

Jon K
03-21-2005, 11:53 PM
The car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. It's clear that the car is definately low mileage. It's doubtful any person buying it would use it for a daily driver and trash it out. And if someone wanted a cherry, that would be it.

My guesstimate is 23,500-25,900.....that's what it's worth. But someone that REALLY WANTED a very low mileage M5 could easily pay more. Just remember, money don't care who owns it, and there are plenty of people out there with lots of it. My other guess is the guy who owns it is just "trolling"....

Jr

Agreed.

To whoever mentioned that it was for short runs to the office.... it doesn't matter that much. In theory fluids and such wouldnt get to temp.... but 31k miles, its been driven enough that the seals are fine... its not like the guy took it to redline on a cold start, the car is superb.

Jon K
03-21-2005, 11:54 PM
i could never get past the idea of the new car being worth 3-5000k less the instant you sign the paperwork, piss on that

Millionairs secret is to buy pre-owned, though we all know this ;)

emw525E34
03-22-2005, 12:43 AM
Hey George, That campo gear in the bike is sweet!. I used the Shimano bs but my alum frame is nice on mine. So nice to toss the bike whole into the back of the touring with rear seats down. Drive...bike....drive...home.

danzee
03-23-2005, 06:46 PM
$25,100.00 with 4 hours to go!

danzee
03-23-2005, 06:53 PM
:p