PDA

View Full Version : Here's a non-e34 scam....

MicahO
02-19-2004, 10:40 AM
I was sniffing scam from the start, The emails from this morning proved it rather succinctly....... Ad link----
http://www.carsearch.com/ad.html?v=768269

Thread is from the bottom up, the ad's been reported to the admins at carsearch.com as a scam. Nice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 9:07 AM
To: 'Kostas S'
Subject: RE: CarSearch.com Query Re: Honda RANCHER 400

You've got to be kidding. Your ad notes that the quad is in New York, area code 10123.

If the quad is in Europe, and you expect payment in advance of delivery, this is a scam, plain and simple. If you've got something to say to prove legitimacy, you've got 10 minutes while I formulate the email to carsearch.com notifying them of the situation.

Have a nice day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 7:53 AM
To: micaho@smbc-cm.com

But remember,

I am in Europe.

Could you come here and pick it up?

Micah O'Connor <micaho@smbc-cm.com> wrote:
Tell me where it is, I'll come take a look. If the quad and all the papers are ready, I'll be able to return later that day or the next morning with cash and a truck to pick it up. If you prefer a bank check, I can provide for that as well, though I'll need a business-day's notice to make it to a branch office.

--Micah O'C

Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 2:02 PM

Dear Micah,

It is in perfect cosmetical and working condition.

I am ready anytime to deliver it to your home address with my expense.

Let me know what method of payment are you able to use.

bank transfer, money order, checks.

Thanks

Best Regards

Micah O'Connor <micaho@smbc-cm.com> wrote:
If it's in the shape you describe, I'd be comfortable with your asking price in the ad or close to it - $5000 or thereabouts. I'd need to take a look at the bike or have someone look at it first - where is it located at the moment? The listed zip code is 10123, in Manhattan, and I work in midtown.

--Micah O'C

Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 5:24 AM
Subject: Re: CarSearch.com Query Re: Honda RANCHER 400

Hi,

This one was ridden only 3-4 times and it is in perfect condition.

I am selling it because now I am in Europe and I don`t have where to use it anymore.

So, how much are you ready to spend for it?

Thanks

Regards

micaho@smbc-cm.com wrote:

***** Message for Seller *****

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This message was generated by carsearch.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Query about your ad for 2004 Honda RANCHER 400
From micaho@smbc-cm.com

Message: Interested in your Rancher - I've been looking for an AT for a few weeks, the only ones the dealers around here have are the GPS models and they won't budge on the price. I don't need the GPS, but your price has already budged on a nearly new vehicle. If it's still available, I'd like info on what it was used for, why you are selling it, any damage it has sustained so far, and other options (winch, etc) that may be on it. I'm in downstate NY (Orange County, about 50 miles north of NYC). Thanks much -- Micah O'Connor

DueyT
02-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Micah, I figure once James Wright...no, make that S Kostas...no make that grandma0707@yahoo.com told you he had taken the quad to Europe....well that's when the BS flag went up.

I love the "would you like to come here to pick it up?" ...idiot!

You should say, "Sure, I'm coming to visit my sister in Dublin in March and I can take the Eurostar down to where you are. What's your address?"

...or, you could try, "Tell you what...why don't you send the ATV to me here in the States, and if I'm happy with it, I'll mail you a check. If not, I'll send it back to you in Europe." *shakes head*

It certainly takes all types, doesn't it?

Good to warn the brethren!

Cheers,
Duey

Elekta
02-19-2004, 11:12 AM
You should be thinking Mule instead.
http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ggil-tx/51_Mule_dudes_Sat_AM.jpg

Last weekend to go to Cotulla, TX for me....for quail season.

632 Regal
02-19-2004, 11:56 AM
so....did you buy it?

:)

Bimmer Nut Ed
02-19-2004, 12:04 PM
LOL, nice one. I should try that to make bucks, huh! Maybe get some of those Euros to flow this way!