PDA

View Full Version : Wow "Bavarian Auto Recycling" sucks

bondheli
03-17-2005, 08:12 PM
"Bavarian Auto Recycling" claims to be the largest BMW recycler in the country. HaH! They claim they have over 500 cars.

I called them last week to see if they had an ellipsoid headlight, no, they are out! How can they be out?
Then I called them today looking for a 90's 525 exhaust... Nope
They don't sell new parts, so it's not like they are trying to bait and switch or anything....

My exhaust is just a really loud drone. It has new cats, so I don't think it's leaking, but this sound can't be what bmw intended.

Anyways, Does anybody know where I can get a 1990 525i 2 part (resonator and muffler) exhaust at a reasonable price?

Russell
03-17-2005, 08:36 PM
IMO, this is false economy unless you believe your time is not valuable. Even if you get a used "less loud" exhaust, it will not last long and it will need to be done again in a short oder. I assume you are doing the work yourself. If not, then it is very unwise. Just my opinion

"Bavarian Auto Recycling" claims to be the largest BMW recycler in the country. HaH! They claim they have over 500 cars.

I called them last week to see if they had an ellipsoid headlight, no, they are out! How can they be out?
Then I called them today looking for a 90's 525 exhaust... Nope
They don't sell new parts, so it's not like they are trying to bait and switch or anything....

My exhaust is just a really loud drone. It has new cats, so I don't think it's leaking, but this sound can't be what bmw intended.

Anyways, Does anybody know where I can get a 1990 525i 2 part (resonator and muffler) exhaust at a reasonable price?

Jr ///M5
03-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Which side ellipsoid do you need?

Dave M
03-17-2005, 09:46 PM
I agree with Russel regarding the exhaust. Call BMA and check out a new exhaust. It was so much cheaper than the dealer that I had both mufflers shipped to Canada from good old Glendale, CA. These Eiberspacher puppies last a loooong time so I had no problem spending the $450 U.S.

I agree with you, however, regarding Bavarian. I called them looking for an M50 block. After getting hung up on twice, the 'nice young man' with an attitude problem said "nope, we don't have any, goodbye". Sure made me want to buy something.
Their website leads you to believe that every bimmer on the continent ends up puking its engine somewhere in their warehouse. I think its full of cattle and popcorn.

Good luck,

Dave M

Derek A.
03-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Any elipsoid with any miles on it is going to have a pitted face and potentially weakend mount points. Yes they are more expensive than most of lick to pay - but such is the price for driving these cars. Unless you find a used exhaust from a wrecked car where you can verify mileage, I would stay away from it.

Kalevera
03-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Those guys can suck it.

Back before I was an informed e34 owner, I called them up for a quote...they wanted $80 for a *used set of OEM FRONT springs*.

ridiculous.

best, whit

bondheli
03-18-2005, 02:17 AM
I got an ellipsoid headlight finally from a yard in MI for $25 <--- what a deal. I love my car, but it has 195k miles on it, and when the engine goes,thats it for it....
I don't see myself paying $450 for an exhaust on a $4k car especially since it probably has less than 3 years left of life.
Its funny to think how insane these prices are especially since there is a whole '92 5 series on ebay for $700 BIN...

still need the exhaust though...

BigKriss
03-18-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm under the impression their parts are good but their service isn't. I have a good impression of this company. I picked up my rear koni and h&r springs from them used for US$145, this included shipping. I have no complaints from the shock / springs so far.

However when trying to contact them via e-mail their responses are very slow up to one week and I have had to resort to other board members ring them up to see whats going on.

I can ring myself, the phonecall is overseas however.

Just my opinion thus far :)

dynamic_e
03-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Where are you located? I have a exhaust from a 1990 525I that i'll get rid of for $65, and pick it up in Springfield MA.

632 Regal
03-18-2005, 03:45 PM
pretty sure he is too far away...