PDA

View Full Version : Struts question

rickm
03-17-2005, 07:17 PM
When I ordered my struts I had to give the nut size, which Patrick said was under the dustcap. I guestimated at 22mm, since the 19mm driver I had wouldn't fit over it (it was clearly too big). Now that the struts, etc have arrived the new nut on top looks MUCH smaller. Is this going to be a problem? I bought new mounts also (along with new everything else for the front end).

Install day is next Wednesday.

Back to work, yuck.

Mobius
03-17-2005, 07:39 PM
When I ordered my struts I had to give the nut size, which Patrick said was under the dustcap. I guestimated at 22mm, since the 19mm driver I had wouldn't fit over it (it was clearly too big). Now that the struts, etc have arrived the new nut on top looks MUCH smaller. Is this going to be a problem? I bought new mounts also (along with new everything else for the front end).Interesting. Have you checked the new nut? I remember the nut on my Konis looked much smaller, but was indeed 22mm.

What's the part number on the new struts?

Kalevera
03-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Hey Rick - it'll be FINE just as long as the strut mount Patrick sent you is the same size as the insert. After much ado, I learned that you can exchange the 22mm and 19mm versions; all you have to do is change the strut mount.

So, as long as what you've got works together (and you should be able to see this before you take it all apart -- stick the strut mount over the strut shaft and see if there's any play), you'll be fine.

best of luck!

best, whit