PDA

View Full Version : Auxillary Fan Replacement

525e34
03-16-2005, 06:12 PM
What is the easiest way to access to the auxillary fan to replace it? My blade is "wobbling" and makes a loud racket hitting the shroud when it shuts off. May just be a loose nut on the motor but can't check with it on the car. Bentley manual does not seem to address the replacement.

Derek A.
03-16-2005, 06:34 PM
take the front bumper off the car. Its only a few clips and two nuts. It helps to have a helper to get the bumper off without damaging it. Fans for these cars are not cheap - not a whole lot is serviceable.

525e34
03-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the help. I was able to remove the bumper without too much trouble and got to the fan. The 3 pronged washer and clip that holds the blade to the motor was loose and allowed the fan to "wobble" on the axle. I took the blade off, bent the washer and clip and put it back together. Spins like a champ -

western99
03-17-2005, 07:48 PM
the front grille. It is the easiest way. I changed my aux fan last summer it took me a whole 2 hours to remove the grille and bumper, replace the fan, test and put everything back together. And that was taking my time. If you try to do it any other way, it will be much more frustrating and time consuming.

Brian